Western astrology is the most widely practiced astrology system in Western countries. Ptolemy’s Tetrabiblos (2nd century CE) provides the historical foundation for Western astrology, which was a continuation of Hellenistic and ultimately Babylonian traditions.
Western astrology is predominantly horoscopic, that is, it is a sort of divination based on the creation of a horoscope for a precise moment, such as a person’s birth and location (because time zones may or may not effect a person’s birth chart), in which numerous cosmic bodies are supposed to have an influence. In western popular culture, astrology is frequently limited to sun sign astrology, which simply analyzes an individual’s date of birth (i.e. the “position of the Sun” at that date).
Astrology is a debunked science that has continuously failed to hold up to experimental and theoretical scrutiny.
What is the distinction between Vedic and Western astrology?
Vedic astrology is based on the sidereal zodiaca system in which positions of planets are calculated based on where they are actually observed in the sky in respect of constellations. The tropical (fixed) zodiac, on the other hand, is used in Western astrology. This system is based on four seasons, which symbolize the movement of the Sun, equinoxes, solstices, and the tilt of the Earth on its axis.
What is the foundation of Western astrology?
The zodiac is the belt or band of constellations that the Sun, Moon, and planets pass through as they travel across the sky. Astrologers took note of certain constellations and assigned them a special meaning. They eventually established a system of twelve zodiac signs based on twelve of the constellations that the sun moves through during the year, constellations that are “Enlightened by the mind.” The tropical zodiac is used by most western astrologers, which begins with the sign of Aries at the Northern Hemisphere vernal equinox, which occurs on or around March 21 each year. The Western Zodiac is based on the Earth’s position in reference to fixed, designated points in the sky, as well as the Earth’s seasons. The Sidereal Zodiac is based on the Earth’s position in reference to the constellations, and it follows their travels around the sky.
There is a steady shift in the relationship between Earth’s seasons (and calendar) and the zodiac constellations due to a phenomena known as precession of the equinoxes (where the Earth’s axis slowly spins like a spinning top in a 25,700-year cycle). The tropical zodiac is based on the earth’s location in reference to fixed points in the sky (Western Astrology), whereas the sidereal zodiac is based on the earth’s position in relation to the constellations (sidereal zodiac).
What is the meaning of a Western zodiac sign?
The western zodiac, which consists of 12 constellations: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces, is one such tradition.
What makes Western and Eastern astrology so different?
The main distinction between Vedic and Western astrology is that one employs a fixed zodiac while the other utilizes a moveable zodiac to determine the zodiac’s starting point. The tropical Zodiac is used in Western Astrology, and it views the earth to be the center of the universe, with the celestial bodies circling around it.
Should I believe in Vedic astrology or Western astrology?
Between these two astrological forms, there is a variation in the house system. Vedic astrologers utilize whole-sign houses, with the Ascendant’s sign occupying the first house. The four angular houses (1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th) are known as kendras and are the seat of authority in Vedic astrology. The trikonas, on the other hand, hold the areas of good fortune and opportunity (1st, 5th, 9th).
All of these distinctions demonstrate that both of these types of astrology have their unique significance. Western astrology employs a distinct methodology, more akin to an open system, in which conventional procedures for preparing the birth chart are given less weight. Traditional methods, on the other hand, are the foundation of calculation and analogy in Vedic astrology. Because we can’t view the outer planets with our naked eyes, they aren’t utilised here. The best part about Vedic astrology is that planets are directly linked to energizing qualities like yoga, ayurveda, and a slew of other key spiritual assets in India.
Western astrology can produce bizarre results because astrologers here believe on the Sun sign, which is fixed for one month, as opposed to Vedic astrology, which emphasizes the Moon, which is fixed for 2.25 days. Let us have a look at how Vedic astrology differs from Western astrology.
Moon houses aren’t very important in Western Astrology. The Sun is the most important planet here, and its position is accorded great importance. The moon houses, on the other hand, are important in Vedic Astrology. In Vedic astrology, there are 27 Constellations. They are the most important factor in making time-related predictions. It is possible to learn about the finest times in life in order to establish a successful business, purchase a home, or perform ceremonies such as weddings, partnerships, or housewarmings. The Nakshatras are also useful for assessing a person’s characteristics and gaining a thorough understanding of their mental state. While Vedic astrology can provide more precise results by focusing on the moon, western astrology is unable to do so.
Horoscope matching is a valuable feature of Indian Vedic Astrology that has been utilized to determine the compatibility of a potential bride and groom before marriage since ancient times. Horoscope matching, also known as Kundli matching, is a wonderful present for a newlywed couple. The more traits (gunas) that match, the more compatible the bride and groom are. Horoscope matching can easily reveal two people’s potential to operate well together. Such information is not available in Western astrology. Though we can perform compatibility analysis using this method, the results will not be as exact as in Vedic astrology.
Nothing compares to the precision and profundity of Vedic Astrology. Western astrology can’t compete with the Vedic system’s deep levels of wisdom and insight. We employ nakshatras in Vedic astrology to refine the meaning and expression of the chart. The time-systems analyze the signals and themes of your current existence (dashas). There are dozens of aspects (Vargas) that can assist you in extracting the intricacies of every area of your life, from marriage to death, and from happy to terrible times. Western astrology, on the other hand, relies heavily on the sun for predictions and progression, which has rendered their method ineffective for many years.
Finding a good muhurta is highly crucial in Vedic astrology while starting any new work. Muhurta is the art of choosing the most auspicious time to achieve success in any endeavor you choose. By regularly studying the cosmic position for the window period to start something new or make any crucial decision, Vedic astrologers compute the auspicious moment. In western astrology, on the other hand, there is no such precise method for determining the optimal time to start a new business.
The composition, alignment, pace, and movement of the current transits are used to foretell the future in western astrology. Western astrology is not very good at predicting events; instead, it focuses on predicting changes in a person’s attitude or how the planets will affect his character. The current planetary phase, or shift in the position of the planets in a person’s birth chart, is used in Vedic astrology to forecast the future. As a result, each planet dominates your home for a specific amount of time. Interestingly, depending on the nature of the ruling planet, that time period might be favorable or harmful. For example, the Sun reigns for six years and Saturn reigns for nineteen. As a result, Vedic astrology’s future predictions are more precise and precise.
Because it is based on more exact astronomical principles, Vedic astrology appears to be more upright than western astrology. The best part about Vedic astrology is that the astrologers consider not just the natal chart but also the dasas, or periods of different planets travelling through different signs, and their impact on people’s lives. In addition, Vedic Astrology places a greater emphasis on the Moon sign than the Sun sign. The reason for this is that the Moon changes signs every 2.25 days, whereas the Sun takes around a month, so predictions based on the Moon are more accurate because our moods and circumstances change frequently. Second, because the moon governs the mind and emotions, predictions and analyses based on the moon’s position are more accurate. Vedic Astrology, in contrast to western astrology, can provide more concrete and detail-oriented ways of prediction.
Planets, signs, and houses are used in both Vedic and Western astrology to produce the chart. Vedic astrology, on the other hand, takes into account “Because it depicts the sign that was rising on the eastern horizon at the very moment you were born, you are the rising sign. This is more precise than using a calculator “In Western astrology, the sun sign is employed to prepare your chart. The reason we say this is because the sun has been in the same sign for the past 30 days. Your rising sign, on the other hand, was thought to be the exact minute on the day you were born. The sun is undeniably significant, but so are the other planets, particularly the moon, when making an astrology chart.
Vedic astrology encompasses astrological gemology, color therapy, mantra therapy, and a slew of other techniques for counteracting the harmful effects of the planets in our life. Western Astrology does not provide such a solution, which is one of the main reasons why western systems cannot match Vedic Astrology’s immense power.
Western astrology focuses on assessing an individual’s psychological nature, although it is ineffective at predicting future events. Vedic astrology, on the other hand, produces more predictable outcomes when it comes to predicting when specific events would occur. Vedic astrology is founded on karma, therefore it accurately describes an individual’s karmic tendencies and when they can be developed to that individual’s benefit. In western astrology, there is no technique for using karma to reap future advantages.
Yearly Vedic astrology predictions are more accurate and reliable than Western astrology predictions. All of these forecasts based on signs are generic. In western astrology, the sun sign is used to predict the year, therefore all people born in the same month are assigned to the same sun sign. They would be inheriting a certain set of traits. However, when utilizing moon signs to make a yearly prediction, two people born in the same month but at different times may have distinct birth stars. This is why Vedic astrology forecasts are more accurate.
You may have questioned why, according to Western astrology, your Sun sign is Aries, but in the Vedic system, it is Cancer. You may also notice differences in your rising sign and the placement of other planets in new signs. This occurs because a horoscope is calculated differently in Vedic and Western astrology. Both employ distinct methodologies to make predictions about a person’s nature, conduct, life events, and major events. Because the Western system is based on the Sun, it is superior at assessing physical and psychological patterns. Because it is based on the lunar system, which has a stable constellation, the Vedic system is considerably better at explaining the soul nature and predicting future occurrences.
Another advantage of the Vedic method over the Western system is that it employs the Dasa Predictive System. Depending on the planet, a planetary Dasa can last anywhere from 6 to 20 years. Vedic astrology not only assesses the circumstance, but also calculates the outcome of karma and offers a remedy to mitigate the bad effects of planets ruling your home. Thus, the Vedic system is more accurate because it has remained intact for thousands of years, and its base is the knowledge employed in modern astronomy with reference to any astronomical phenomena that occur inside the system. Let us be proud of our Vedic system!
What astrology is the most accurate?
- Overall, Keen is the best online astrology site.
- Kasamba: Free Astrology Predictions from the Most Accurate Astrologers
- Best for Zodiac Sign Readings, according to AskNow
- Oranum is a well-known website for the best spiritual astrologers.
- Mysticsense offers the widest range of psychic reading services.
- You can get a reading over the phone, via email, online chat, or through a mobile app.
- You have a choice of up to 101 astrological readers.
- For new customers, introductory packages include a 3-minute free reading, a 10-minute session for $1.99, and additional minutes when you purchase an initial package.
- Keen includes a section of articles and blogs dedicated to love advice, psychics, spirits, and astrology, so you can stay current on what’s going on in the subject.
- Each new astrologer’s first three minutes are free.
- One of the most affordable and well-established astrology websites.
- One of the most useful resources for birth charts.
- Android and iOS smartphones are supported.
- Astrologers are evaluated and ranked.
This platform has always adhered to its policy of providing the highest level of client satisfaction. After reviewing all of the customer comments and reviews, we’ve come to the conclusion that Keen has helped many people improve their quality of life by providing them with accurate and wise readings that give them direction and purpose in life.
#2. Kasamba: Most Accurate Astrology Predictions For Free Of Cost
Kasamba is the premier astrology site for horoscopes and tarot card readings, providing excellent service to its customers. Since its beginning in 1999, it has amassed over three million satisfied subscribers who, in addition to a wide range of astrology services, receive daily, weekly, and monthly horoscopes, as well as the popular yearly love and career forecasts.
- It provides readings in both Chinese and Vedic astrology.
- The accuracy of the panel of 97 qualified astrology advisors is well-known. Their sole purpose is to provide genuine advise, accurate readings, and divine guidance to everyone who contacts them.
- With each new advisor you try, the first three minutes are free. If you don’t want to continue with the paid portion of the session, you can terminate it before the three minutes are over. You can use this offer as many times as you like until you find an advisor who is right for you.
- A wide selection of promotional deals are available :
- Horoscope newsletters keep you informed about your zodiac sign on a regular basis.
- Phone readings and live chats
- The best place to get a tarot reading
- Best horoscope readers
- If you are not satisfied with the session, you will receive a full refund.
- After your session, give your reader a rating.
- There is no option for a live video chat.
- Top readers can be somewhat costly.
Kasamba’s astrological procedures are of great quality and trustworthiness, and its readers are well-trained and dependable. Their birth chart readings have helped their clients make good changes in their lives by providing practical solutions to challenges in their careers and relationships. This site is clearly one of the greatest in the industry, as seen by the countless favorable evaluations and comments. Kasamba is the place to go if you want to have a life-changing experience.
#3. AskNow: Best for Zodiac Sign Readings
AskNow, which has been around since 2004, is one of the greatest astrology websites. A series of horoscope readers appear on the site’s highly interactive front page. Simply click through the psychic profiles to find one that best meets your needs in terms of experience, speciality, rates, location, and ratings. You can contact them by phone or through an online chat.
- You can test its services by asking it a free question.
- It offers some of the industry’s greatest psychic and tarot reading services.
- Psychic counselors, mediums, horoscope readers, and spiritual guides are all highly trained professionals with years of expertise.
- They are well-known for their love counsel, which has helped numerous people find clarity in the middle of love’s complexity.
- All of your information is safe and secure.
- You also have the option of seeking help without disclosing your identity. Your identity is kept hidden, but you still receive your reading.
- If you are unhappy with the services, you can request a complete refund.
- The first five minutes are completely free.
- The readers are reasonable at $1 per minute once you’ve signed up.
- Horoscopes are available on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Master and Elite advisors bill by the minute, with hefty fees.
- There aren’t many bilingual readers.
AskNow offers a lifetime’s worth of wisdom and guidance, and its customer satisfaction policy is a compelling reason to use it. Many customers enjoy the care with which its counselors listen to them and come up with viable answers, especially in their love lives. Signing up with AskNow for the Ask a Free Question feature is also a good reason.
#4. Oranum: Popular Site for Best Spiritual Astrologers
If you’re looking for a wide range of options, Oranum is the place to go. It has been around for eight years as one of the greatest astrological sites. It allows you to choose the style of reading you want depending on a specific time zone and language, and it connects you with a variety of psychics and spiritual consultants. Before you sign up, you can have a live astrological session with them.
- The website is appealing and simple to use.
- In comparison to other sites, it offers a wide range of possibilities. You can choose from Chinese, Indian, Karmic, Vedic, and Western horoscope readings in addition to basic horoscope readings.
- When it comes to finding the best expert advisers, the filtering options are really useful if you have a specific style of reading in mind.
- Attend live readings without revealing your identity.
- The best spiritual astrologers can be found here.
- There is a mobile app available.
- When you sign up, you’ll get $9.99 worth of free credits.
- There are readings available in a number of languages.
- Accessible blog that is both exciting and educational.
- The mobile app isn’t particularly user-friendly.
- Phone readings are not available.
- Packages are costly.
- There is no money-back guarantee.
Oranum lures you to use its services with its attractive layout. You may effortlessly navigate through its filtering features to find the greatest value from the multitude of possibilities available. You can watch live psychic and online astrological readings as a visitor without being asked to pay right away as a possible client.
#5. Mysticsense: Most Variety of Psychic Reading Services
Mysticsense is one of the top websites for assisting individuals with love troubles and other life challenges. Its advisors are always willing to listen to your concerns and give you sound advice. They can be reached at any time of day, including holidays, by phone, chat, or video. Its intelligent filtering engine allows you to personalize your search and narrow down your favorite advisors. Each advisor has gone through a series of tests and evaluations. So you’re confident that you’re selecting the best of the best.
- At Mysticsense, we have a team of astrological experts who can read your birth chart and energy. You can also choose between wise, straightforward, empathetic, expressive, or thoughtful tones for your reading.
- The site is known for providing angel card readings and one of the top online tarot readings to help you brighten your spirits.
- Mysticsense knows your difficulties, whether they are related to your work, education, finances, or relationships, and will assist you in making the best decisions or choices possible.
- You can phone in at any time or set up a call schedule.
Video conversations allow you to connect with your adviser in a more intimate way, which is very useful for tarot card reading sessions.
- There is a wide range of advisors to pick from.
- New members get a five-minute free trial.
- Sessions that can be customized
- Policy of 100% return within 48 hours
- Monthly horoscopes suited to your specific requirements
- New spiritual writings and blogs on a variety of topics are available.
- The advisors are inexperienced.
Its advisers are qualified and talented. Aside from unique deals for first-time consumers, the company’s commitment to maintaining confidentiality works in its favor. The majority of evaluations are positive, indicating that the site is dedicated to honesty and integrity.
Is there a difference between Indian and Western astrology?
The employment of separate zodiac systems is a key distinction between Western and Vedic astrology, often known as Indian astrology. The tropical zodiac, based on the seasons and the position of the sun and Earth, is used by Western astrologers. The Spring Equinox always falls on the first day of Aries season in the tropical zodiac.
Vedic astrology, on the other hand, employs the sidereal zodiac, which is based on the physical locations of the stars in the sky. Precession occurs when the Earth spins on its axis and suffers a slight tilt or swirl. As a result, the stars and constellations do not remain stationary; each star travels around one degree every 70 years or so.
While Western astrology ignores this shift, the sidereal method detects it and uses a system called ayanamas to fix the mismatch inside the birth chart. As a result, your sun sign in Vedic astrology may differ significantly from what you previously believed. The universe is designed to astonish us.