According to Western astrology, there are 12 zodiac signs (meaning “signs of the zodiac”) “There are 13 constellations that the Sun travels through each year, not just a circle of animals:
Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Ophiuchus, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces.
Unfortunately, astrologers’ dates given to star signs are incorrect, in addition to neglecting Ophiuchus. Here’s what astrology claims happens in the night sky, based on its line-of-sight theory “Insights into people’s moods and fortunes:
The Sun’s position in the sky according to astrology (wrong)
Here’s where and when astrologers pretend the Sun is in the sky, dictating what the majority of people believe their birth star sign is:
- December 22nd to January 19th is Capricorn’s sign.
- January 20-February 18 is the sign of Aquarius.
- February 19March 20: Pisces
- Aries (March 21April 19) is the first sign of the zodiac.
- Taurus (April 20May 20) is the zodiac sign of Taurus.
- May 21June 20: Gemini
- Cancer is on the 21st of June and 22nd of July.
- Leo (July 23August 22) is the sign of the lion.
- August 23September 22: Virgo
- September 23October 22: Libra
- Scorpio: 23rd October 21st November
- November 22December 21: Sagittarius
The Sun’s actual position in the sky (correct)
This is when the Sun is in the constellations, hence your true “star sign,” with some astrological overlap and plenty of surprises:
- January 20February 16: Capricorn
- Aquarius: February 16th through March 11th
- Pisces (March 11April 18) is a water sign.
- April 18May 13: Aries
- May 13June 21: Taurus
- June 21July 20: Gemini
- July 20August 10 (Cancer) (21 days)
- August 10September 16 is the sign of Leo.
- September 16October 30 (45 days!) Virgo
- 30th of October 23rd of November
- Scorpio: November 23November 29 (just a week!) Scorpio: November 23November 29 (just a week!) Scorpio: November 23
- Ophiuchus (not an astrological sign of the zodiac, but very real!): November 29December 17 (not an astrological sign of the zodiac, but very real!)
- December 17th January 20th, Sagittarius
Because the Sun isn’t in the sign of the zodiac when astrology says it is, your horoscope is probably incorrect. Of course, none of this matters, but knowing why will help you have a better knowledge of the globe you live on.
What are the dates for the 12 signs of the zodiac?
- Aries is the first sign of the zodiac (March 21April 19)
- Taurus is the sign of the bull (April 20May 20)
- Gemini is a sign of the zodiac (May 21June 20)
- Cancer is a disease that affects people (June 21July 22)
- Leo is a sign of the zodiac (July 23August 22)
- Virgo is the sign of the Virgin (August 23September 22)
- Libra is a sign of the zodia (September 23October 22)
- Scorpio is a zodiac sign that (October 23November 21)
- Sagittarius is the sign of the eagle (November 22December 21)
- Capricorn is a sign in the zodiac that (December 22January 19)
- Aquarius is the sign of the water bearer (January 20February 18)
- Pisces is a water sign (February 19March 20)
Do the signs of the zodiac change every year?
Is that to say that your zodiac sign changes each year? No, it’s more like once every 30 years or so. (Thank G, you’ve got some time to think about it.) “Each sign has 30 degrees, and the advanced sun moves less than a degree per year, so this shift is really slow,” Montfar explains.
What are the three most important indications in my life?
Your Sun sign, Moon sign, and rising sign, also known as ascending sign, are the three most important places in your birth chart. Your Sun sign is the foundation of your personality and who you are as a person. Your Moon sign indicates your emotional side and who you are when you’re alone. Finally, your rising sign is the initial impression others get of you and how you appear on the outside.
Who is Ophiuchus, and where did he come from?
The constellation Ophiuchus (/fijuks/) straddles the celestial equator. Its name is derived from the Ancient Greek word ophiokhos, which means “serpent-bearer,” and it is frequently shown as a man holding a snake. Serpens is the constellation that represents the serpent.
What is the total number of zodiac signs?
Each of the zodiac’s 12 astrological signs is said to occupy 1/12 (or 30) of its vast circle. These symbols no longer match to the astrological constellations where the Sun can be found.
What kind of person should a Taurus marry?
Despite Taurus’s obstinacy, there is a vast list of Taurus compatible signs. Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, and Capricorn are all high Taurus compatible signs.
Taurus and Taurus
Let’s begin with a Taurus-Taurus encounter. Taurus is a zodiac sign that flourishes in a relationship with their polar opposite, and a couple of earth-bound Taureans are satisfied to spend their time in their perfectly designed, laughter-filled house savoring delicious cuisine.
Taureans admire each other’s strong moral character and traditional beliefs, and they are satisfied to spend their lives together developing a family and leaving a legacy. Taureans’ ties with one another are constructed to last because they are unlikely to change!
Taurus and Cancer
Next, Taurus compatibility and Cancer have the ability to form a strong bond. These zodiac signs are drawn to attractive objects, peaceful places, and pleasant experiences. When you combine their shared love of traditional values and nostalgic reminiscences, a Taurus and a Cancer have a strong foundation.
While sensitive Cancers will have to learn to not take Taurus’s bluntness personally, Cancer’s sensitive nature paired with Taurus’s occasional rough love make these star signs a good pair. A Taurus will be able to speak up for their partner in a way that makes both feel loved and needed, but a Cancer will avoid conflict due to damaged sentiments.
Taurus and Virgo
Taurus and Virgo share a lot of admirable features. With Virgo offering intellectual vitality and Taurus bringing an artistic, flamboyant flair, these two zodiac signs produce a fairly highbrow union.
These indications can also be used to counteract each other. The Virgo’s awareness can assist a Taurus rein in their indulgent impulses, yet these two are inherently sensual in private. When Virgo can control their judging impulses and Taurus can maintain an open mind, this coupling can be a never-ending source of entertainment.
Taurus and Scorpio
Taurus and Scorpio are fixed signs, so they’re used to standing their ground, which might lead to some tense standoffs. Nonetheless, a Scorpio-Taurus relationship is a classic case of opposites attract, and the differences between these two can often help bring the relationship into balance.
An earthy, realistic Taurus, for example, can provide an anchor for an emotional Scorpio. A Scorpio, on the other hand, can assist an outspoken Taurus in better understanding concealed emotions and unspoken intents. These fearless individuals are also designed to enjoy passionate physical closeness. This is a pairing built on loyalty and similar interests when Taurus and Scorpio respect each other’s differences.
Taurus and Capricorn
Last but not least, Capricorn gives Taurus with a reliable and diligent mate. Capricorn and Taurus, on the other hand, have quite different perspectives on their own tenacity, with Taurus constantly congratulating themselves on everything they’ve accomplished and Capricorn wringing their hands over minor errors, past failures, and the potential for future disasters.
Capricorn’s fixation on preparation for hypothetical disasters may irritate a Taurus, but an open-minded Taurus might profit from Capricorn’s meticulous planning and attention to detail. Taurus, on the other hand, teaches Capricorn to slow down and smell the roses when they are calm. And, given how hard this couple works to obtain wonderful things, the roses in this relationship are usually quite fragrant.
While Taureans and Geminis can get along, they must ensure that they are communicating on the same wavelength.
Can you have two zodiac signs?
No, not at all. People born on the zodiac cusp are unique individuals whose date of birth combines the energy and attributes of two distinct signs together, forming a separate astrological personality with blended qualities, rather than formally being born under two signs.