From December 19, 2021, to January 29, 2022, Venus, commonly known as the planet of love and relationships, will remain retrograde in Capricorn. All signs will feel drawn to commitment during this potent cosmic event, whether it is in a romantic or professional partnership. Additionally, you will have the chance to “Think about the aspects of your aspirations and profession that you love, as well as the areas where you’ve worked hard, advises astrologer Julia Modorsky of the Sanctuary app. “In these areas, do you feel at calm and in harmony, or is something a little off? What are your limits when it comes to your loved ones? Consider whether you want to make a longer-term commitment to someone or anything, she says.
Aries (March 21-April 19) During 2021-2022 Venus Retrograde: You’re Reassessing Who You Want to Be Professionally
Venus retrograde is highlighting your work life, Aries, as it transits your 10th house of career, reputation, and public image. Do certain parts of your job or line of work, such as your title, your hours, your pay, or your entire career path, conflict with the person you want to be or the life you see for yourself? This review time could encourage you to take another look at the aspects of your image and professional life that aren’t serving you anymore.
Cancer (June 21-July 22) During 2021-2022 Venus Retrograde: You’re Revisiting the Aspects of Your Love Life You Need to Let Go Of
Your romantic life is undoubtedly changing as a result of the planet of love, Cancer. You can feel a little stuck in your connections and one-on-one collaborations as Venus slows down greatly in your seventh house. This retrograde could bring back elements of your love life that you had thought were in the past, such as ex-partners, insecurities, or depleting cycled relationships. Take use of this time to examine your uneasy emotions in relation to the objectives you have for your relationships so that you may decide what to let go of and how to do it.
Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22) During 2021-2022 Venus Retrograde: You’re Reprioritizing What (and Who) Makes You Feel Loved
Venus is retrograding in your fourth house of home, family, and personal concerns, therefore for Libra, this retrograde is about you personally. Venus retrograde may bring up difficult emotions or insecurities about your home and family life, or perhaps the re-emergence of certain persons who were once extremely dear to you. Give yourself permission to rely on those things, even if it means taking a step back from what’s initially generating your anxieties. Consider the values you hold dear as well as the many things in your life that make you feel loved and protected.
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) During 2021-2022 Venus Retrograde: You’re Reevaluating What Makes You Feel Authentically You
You’re probably feeling the affects of Venus retrograde conjunct Pluto in your sign, Capricorn, especially in terms of your sense of identity and flair. You should keep your perspective in check while you investigate the various spheres of life Venus influences because of her retrograde. Do you feel content with your romantic life? with your financial situation? with your principles? Think of this retrograde as an opportunity for you to fully focus on what in your self-perception, interpersonal relationships, and values makes you feel most honest and confident, and to reevaluate any barriers that may be in your way.
In 2021, how long will Venus be in retrograde?
“Mercury Retrograde has undoubtedly turned into a trendy term or phrase these days. Despite being less well-known and occurring less frequently than Mercury Retrograde, the Venus Retrograde cycle is nonetheless a significant period of time.
Venus Retrograde: What Is It? In the sky, Venus occasionally seems to be travelling backward “The operative word here is looks because, strictly speaking, no planet goes backward in its orbit around the Sun. They don’t even slow down, in fact.
Because the Earth orbits the Sun at a different rate than the other planets, retrograde-station-direct cycles are essentially illusions that arise from our vantage point on Earth. Every 18 months, Venus goes retrograde for about 4043 days.
Venus enters the Capricorn constellation on December 19 of 2021, becoming retrograde, and staying there until January 29 of 2022.
What omens will Venus’ retrograde in 2021 affect?
These three zodiac signs will be most affected by Venus retrograde in 2021.
- Zodiac Cancer Signs (June 21 – July 22)
- Virgo (August 23September 22) Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac Signs for Capricorn (Dec. 22Jan.
Is Venus currently in retrograde motion?
From December 19, 2021, to January 29, 2022, Venus was in retrograde, which made communication more difficult. It may sound familiar. It was a double whammy because Mercury retrograde 2022 was still in the middle of its first cycle.
When Venus is in retrograde, what happens?
Venus, who already rotates in the opposite direction from Earth, slows down during the retrograde, which intensifies its effects on us. Currently, Venus is travelling slower than Earth. Earthlings can feel the retrograde because it feels like we are going faster than we actually are.
Make any permanent (or long-lasting) changes to your appearance.
Permanent adjustments of any kind are generally not advised during retrogrades, as these transits tend to be more focused on looking backward than forward. This transit, however, is a time to avoid making significant cosmetic changes because Venus rules over beauty, advises astrologer Crystal B. If you can, stay away from cosmetic treatments, tattoos, and even significant hair changes.
While Venus retrograde can undoubtedly evoke insecurities about one’s physical appearance, Bowles notes that when Venus becomes direct, it is simple to regret major choices.
Instead, if you’re motivated to change, choose for something delicate and transient to accentuate your inherent attractiveness.
Settle for someone or something beneath your worth.
“According to Murphy, Capricorns may prefer familiarity and following established customs. Venus is retrograde, so it may motivate you to be true to yourself and discover methods to cherish who you are, sometimes even at the sacrifice of that comfort.
During a Venus retrograde, tough choices about whether second chances are actually attainable may need to be made, says B: “In the area of love, specifically, deeper questions about the nature of a partnership may unexpectedly surface.” “With Capricorn as the dominating sign, it’s crucial to draw a clear boundary and enforce it. Avoid relationships that make you want to “fix the other person” or “make them a project,” as Capricorn energy can motivate you to do, and only invest time and effort in a relationship that seems appropriately returned, she recommends.
The same philosophybeing paid what you’re worthapplies to how you value money “According to Bowles, think about whether you’re getting paid what you deserve for the work you produce and where in your life you might be feeling undervalued. “Once Venus becomes direct, you can use this retrograde to improve your financial foundations and boundaries.
Formalize a commitment in love, if you can help it.
Starting or strengthening a relationship at the very end of Venus’s eight-year cycle is riskier than doing so once Venus stations direct and starts a new journey. According to B, you can go into Venus retrograde with one perspective and emerge with a whole other one. On the other hand, judgments taken in the interim may not be the most indicative of your objectives.
It’s not that you won’t meet someone special or strengthen a relationship while Venus is retrograde; rather, it’s that the universe will be better positioned for commitments or contracts that will last after Venus turns direct once more.
Make any major, splurge-y purchases.
“According to B, the Capricorn portion of this Venus retrograde story will serve as a reminder to keep an eye on our finances. Venus controls over money, value, and worth, which only serves to underline that. Avoid making any large, arbitrary, or unnecessary purchases, as “According to B, purchases made during this time period might not seem as worthwhile later on.
While it can be difficult to limit spending during the holidays, Murphy advises reconsidering your choices for presents. “Over the past 18 months, I think we’ve all come to realize that not everyone in our lives requires more material possessions, she says. ” Maybe this is a chance to switch to more mindful consumption. You might think about buying something used, repurposing something, cooking for a buddy, or doing them a favor in its place.
What is prohibited while Venus is in retrograde?
Mercury retrogrades are certainly familiar to you by now, as they are frequently discussed in astrology on social media and elsewhere. The similar idea applies to Venus retrograde, except instead of disappointments, crossed wires, and false starts in communication (Mercury’s domain), the challenges occur in Venus-ruled parts of our lives.
Venus is related to romance, ties, attractiveness, the arts, and wealth.
Venus appears to pause every 18 months (what astrologers refer to as “stationing”) before beginning to move backwards (what we call “retrograde). Over the course of around 40 days, the planet retraces its route by 15 to 18 degrees.
During this time, you will likely notice:
- more divorces than normal (both private and public). Long-term relationships that have been in trouble frequently end in a breakup.
- feeling a little “blah” or depressed, especially if Venus is strongly influencing your horoscope. (Notice to Libra or Taurus Ascendants!)
- Making an appearance are previous lovers, old pals, and distant relatives.
Here’s what NOT to do starting now:
- Don’t arrange a wedding or get married. Venus is the planet of love and relationships, and while Venus is moving backward and locked in the past, no marriage will begin well. (I’m addressing you Jennifer Aniston from the time you wed Justin Theroux. I yelled, “NOOOOO!” Not at all. Modify the date! If only you had a partner in astrology. I’m available, just to be clear!)
- Avoid beginning a new relationship. If you’re considering joining eHarmony, wait until Venus is traveling normally before doing so because beginning a new relationship during a Venus retrograde typically also ends in failure. Any beau/belle who shows up around this time should be avoided because they probably aren’t who they seem to be.
- Keep your beauty routine as consistent as possible. Have you ever considered getting red hair? being inked? undergoing cosmetic surgery? Not right now. Keep your present clothes and usual hairstyles. Any significant purchasing or remodeling endeavors will end in disappointment. If you do take risks during Venus retrograde, when the planet turns direct again, you’ll wake up, wipe your eyes, and discover that your hair is now maroon rather than red, that you now have a Chinese tattoo on your neck that says goat milk rather than world peace, and that your “killer new wardrobe” is made up of two sizes too large pieces of beige and grey clothing. You remember the commercial about drunk driving where the car keeps piling up bottles, blurring the road in front of the automobile? The result of a Venus retrograde is that. It moves directly, which is sobering. You are still susceptible to the scheming of Venus retrograde even if you are now aware of it. I can show that with the photograph with my maroon hair and my loose beige outfit fest. Your home is the same way. I’ll say it again: Don’t try to renovate right now!
- Avoid starting new investments. Venus is in charge of managing your money as well. Your senses are distorted while the planets are retrograde, and this emotional state might lead you to make very bad financial decisions. During this time, investments frequently overvalue or inflated, and when Venus turns straight, they lose value. Uncertainty in the world economy during a Venus retrograde period is another well-known phenomenon that can make things worse. (Isn’t it ironic that the legalization of cannabis in Canada occurred during Venus retrograde? What occurred to its market value practically instantly?
- Avoid making large purchases, particularly those for a car, boat, piece of art, furniture, home, or company. You’ll overspend, and your acquisition will turn out to be a mistake. You’ll either end up with a huge hassle or a money hole, or you’ll deeply regret your purchase. Your capacity to evaluate something’s worth or price considerably deteriorates.
When I tell that breaking these guidelines will result in you constantly hitting your head and exclaiming, “What was I thinking?,” believe me.
Here’s how to USE the retrograde period:
- Examine your connections. What’s happening? What could they do better? Venus retrograde can make already bad relationships even worse while even making good ones a little irritable. Try to wait until Venus turns direct before making any snap decisions.
- Examine your finances, assets, and investments. Reevaluate your future goals, but don’t take any action. Do not, I say. Do not.
- Organize a garage sale! You probably haven’t used the products you unload because you purchased them during a Venus retrograde, so be shocked when someone eats them up.
- Do you want to modify the way your home or you look? study the subject. Examine new hairstyle possibilities. Make a “dream board” with design concepts. But if you want to reconsider acting on thoughts, wait till the Venus retrograde is over. It will be a nice exercise to determine how much or if your values have changed to see what genuinely sticks once Venus turns direct.
Which signs are impacted by Venus’s retrograde motion?
There is no way to understate the power of this Venus retrograde’s impact. This particular Venus retrograde occurs just when Venus makes conjunction with Pluto, the planet of transformation, death, and taboo, or sits close to or on top of Pluto.
Power struggles, manipulation, obsession, jealousy, secrecy, sexual cravings, taboo subjects, and other things are all manifestations of Pluto’s energies.
Pluto’s influence is difficult to ignore and has the potential to reveal anything and everything we have been trying to sweep under the rug. It might be time to think about your deepest aspirations.
Try something new with your lover, search for the finest sex toys for your star sign, or think about downloading a dating app.
This isn’t going to be a quick argument with a friend or lover.
The energy of Pluto suggests unrest, suppressed rage, or energy that has been building for some time. Now that Venus is retrograde, these problems or subjects will come to light.
Although this retrograde voyage will undoubtedly be challenging, it gives us a potent doorway for change. It presents the opportunity to enter our power, somewhat like the Lion’s Gate gate opening. If we choose to let up and let go of our need for control, life-altering changes can occur within our closest relationships.
This is not the time to argue or suppress our emotions. Now is the moment to face and accept what has happened. During Venus retrogrades, old lovers, exes, and friends are frequently a theme, so be prepared to run into folks from your past. Venus’ retrograde period may cause us to reexamine our financial situation and moral compass.
The cardinal signs will be most strongly impacted by this retrograde since Venus is backspinning in Capricorn, the sign of the realistic and tenacious worker. You’ll probably experience this transit’s intensity the strongest if you have planets in Aries, Cancer, Libra, or Capricorn.
To acquire the greatest interpretation of your stars, keep in mind that you must gain a deeper understanding of your astrology birth chart, particularly with regard to moon signs.
As Venus travels retrograde, our birth charts will be most stimulated if your planets or rising sign are between 11 and 25 degrees.
When Venus is in retrograde, may I cut my hair?
Venus is the planet that oversees things like love, beauty, and romance. It’s not a good idea to alter our appearance when Mercury is in retrograde. This is probably because we aren’t feeling our best and aren’t thinking as clearly as we should be. Lauren clarifies “A planet’s retrograde motion can distort our perception of any area of life where it has sway. Venus retrogrades are renowned for deflating our sense of self or upending our romantic relationships significantly. We can end up making some rash decisions about our appearance that we later regret.
Lina agrees and adds that it’s crucial to avoid making any additional significant adjustments. They concur that this implies “Avoid big purchases, breakups, filler, haircuts, and new relationships while Venus’ energy isn’t completely revealed.
Not only the one coming up in a few days, but for the majority of Venus retrogrades, this is typically the advice. For the time being, refrain from making any snap judgments regarding your long-term beauty. These astrologers can be trusted; they are knowledgeable.
Are breakups a result of Venus retrograde?
Venus retrograde also brings backyou guessed itexas, even though we see a lot of breakups and reconciliations. Madi Murphy, co-founder of The Cosmic RX and The Cosmic Revolution, provides a warning: “Old lovers from the past sometimes can return if all the concerns are handled.”