Permanent adjustments of any kind are generally not advised during retrogrades, as these transits tend to be more focused on looking backward than forward. This transit, however, is a time to avoid making significant cosmetic changes because Venus rules over beauty, advises astrologer Crystal B. If you can, stay away from cosmetic treatments, tattoos, and even significant hair changes.
While Venus retrograde can undoubtedly evoke insecurities about one’s physical appearance, Bowles notes that when Venus becomes direct, it is simple to regret major choices.
Instead, if you’re motivated to change, choose for something delicate and transient to accentuate your inherent attractiveness.
Settle for someone or something beneath your worth.
“According to Murphy, Capricorns may prefer familiarity and following established customs. Venus is retrograde, so it may motivate you to be true to yourself and discover methods to cherish who you are, sometimes even at the sacrifice of that comfort.
During a Venus retrograde, tough choices about whether second chances are actually attainable may need to be made, says B: “In the area of love, specifically, deeper questions about the nature of a partnership may unexpectedly surface.” “With Capricorn as the dominating sign, it’s crucial to draw a clear boundary and enforce it. Avoid relationships that make you want to “fix the other person” or “make them a project,” as Capricorn energy can motivate you to do, and only invest time and effort in a relationship that seems appropriately returned, she recommends.
The same philosophybeing paid what you’re worthapplies to how you value money “According to Bowles, think about whether you’re getting paid what you deserve for the work you produce and where in your life you might be feeling undervalued. “Once Venus becomes direct, you can use this retrograde to improve your financial foundations and boundaries.
Formalize a commitment in love, if you can help it.
Starting or strengthening a relationship at the very end of Venus’s eight-year cycle is riskier than doing so once Venus stations direct and starts a new journey. According to B, you can go into Venus retrograde with one perspective and emerge with a whole other one. On the other hand, judgments taken in the interim may not be the most indicative of your objectives.
It’s not that you won’t meet someone special or strengthen a relationship while Venus is retrograde; rather, it’s that the universe will be better positioned for commitments or contracts that will last after Venus turns direct once more.
Make any major, splurge-y purchases.
“According to B, the Capricorn portion of this Venus retrograde story will serve as a reminder to keep an eye on our finances. Venus controls over money, value, and worth, which only serves to underline that. Avoid making any large, arbitrary, or unnecessary purchases, as “According to B, purchases made during this time period might not seem as worthwhile later on.
While it can be difficult to limit spending during the holidays, Murphy advises reconsidering your choices for presents. “Over the past 18 months, I think we’ve all come to realize that not everyone in our lives requires more material possessions, she says. ” Maybe this is a chance to switch to more mindful consumption. You might think about buying something used, repurposing something, cooking for a buddy, or doing them a favor in its place.
What must I avoid when Venus is retrograde?
Mercury retrogrades are certainly familiar to you by now, as they are frequently discussed in astrology on social media and elsewhere. The similar idea applies to Venus retrograde, except instead of disappointments, crossed wires, and false starts in communication (Mercury’s domain), the challenges occur in Venus-ruled parts of our lives.
Venus is related to romance, ties, attractiveness, the arts, and wealth.
Venus appears to pause every 18 months (what astrologers refer to as “stationing”) before beginning to move backwards (what we call “retrograde). Over the course of around 40 days, the planet retraces its route by 15 to 18 degrees.
During this time, you will likely notice:
- more divorces than normal (both private and public). Long-term relationships that have been in trouble frequently end in a breakup.
- feeling a little “blah” or depressed, especially if Venus is strongly influencing your horoscope. (Notice to Libra or Taurus Ascendants!)
- Making an appearance are previous lovers, old pals, and distant relatives.
Here’s what NOT to do starting now:
- Don’t arrange a wedding or get married. Venus is the planet of love and relationships, and while Venus is moving backward and locked in the past, no marriage will begin well. (I’m addressing you Jennifer Aniston from the time you wed Justin Theroux. I yelled, “NOOOOO!” Not at all. Modify the date! If only you had a partner in astrology. I’m available, just to be clear!)
- Avoid beginning a new relationship. If you’re considering joining eHarmony, wait until Venus is traveling normally before doing so because beginning a new relationship during a Venus retrograde typically also ends in failure. Any beau/belle who shows up around this time should be avoided because they probably aren’t who they seem to be.
- Keep your beauty routine as consistent as possible. Have you ever considered getting red hair? being inked? undergoing cosmetic surgery? Not right now. Keep your present clothes and usual hairstyles. Any significant purchasing or remodeling endeavors will end in disappointment. If you do take risks during Venus retrograde, when the planet turns direct again, you’ll wake up, wipe your eyes, and discover that your hair is now maroon rather than red, that you now have a Chinese tattoo on your neck that says goat milk rather than world peace, and that your “killer new wardrobe” is made up of two sizes too large pieces of beige and grey clothing. You remember the commercial about drunk driving where the car keeps piling up bottles, blurring the road in front of the automobile? The result of a Venus retrograde is that. It moves directly, which is sobering. You are still susceptible to the scheming of Venus retrograde even if you are now aware of it. I can show that with the photograph with my maroon hair and my loose beige outfit fest. Your home is the same way. I’ll say it again: Don’t try to renovate right now!
- Avoid starting new investments. Venus is in charge of managing your money as well. Your senses are distorted while the planets are retrograde, and this emotional state might lead you to make very bad financial decisions. During this time, investments frequently overvalue or inflated, and when Venus turns straight, they lose value. Uncertainty in the world economy during a Venus retrograde period is another well-known phenomenon that can make things worse. (Isn’t it ironic that the legalization of cannabis in Canada occurred during Venus retrograde? What occurred to its market value practically instantly?
- Avoid making large purchases, particularly those for a car, boat, piece of art, furniture, home, or company. You’ll overspend, and your acquisition will turn out to be a mistake. You’ll either end up with a huge hassle or a money hole, or you’ll deeply regret your purchase. Your capacity to evaluate something’s worth or price considerably deteriorates.
When I tell that breaking these guidelines will result in you constantly hitting your head and exclaiming, “What was I thinking?,” believe me.
Here’s how to USE the retrograde period:
- Examine your connections. What’s happening? What could they do better? Venus retrograde can make already bad relationships even worse while even making good ones a little irritable. Try to wait until Venus turns direct before making any snap decisions.
- Examine your finances, assets, and investments. Reevaluate your future goals, but don’t take any action. Do not, I say. Do not.
- Organize a garage sale! You probably haven’t used the products you unload because you purchased them during a Venus retrograde, so be shocked when someone eats them up.
- Do you want to modify the way your home or you look? study the subject. Examine new hairstyle possibilities. Make a “dream board” with design concepts. But if you want to reconsider acting on thoughts, wait till the Venus retrograde is over. It will be a nice exercise to determine how much or if your values have changed to see what genuinely sticks once Venus turns direct.
What activities are prohibited during a retrograde?
Ellen Bowles, an astrologer and co-author of Astrology SOS, claims that “we can have technical or mechanical troubles, and our wires can seem crossed in all our channels of communication.” “Planetary retrogrades are occasions for everyone to stop and think. We are being advised to slow down and double-check the details when Mercury is retrograde.” The urge to meticulously examine every last aspect extends beyond the three to four weeks of the retrograde period itself. The same guidelines for what not to do during Mercury retrograde also apply during this time, which lasts for a week or two before and after the actual retrograde. This period is known as Mercury’s shadow phase or “retroshade.”
When Venus is in retrograde, what happens?
Venus undergoes an 18-month retrograde cycle. Relationships and finances are flipped upside down during this period as we examine and rethink how we commit to others and spend money.
Can you cut your hair while Venus is in retrograde?
Venus is the planet that oversees things like love, beauty, and romance. It’s not a good idea to alter our appearance when Mercury is in retrograde. This is probably because we aren’t feeling our best and aren’t thinking as clearly as we should be. Lauren clarifies “A planet’s retrograde motion can distort our perception of any area of life where it has sway. Venus retrogrades are renowned for deflating our sense of self or upending our romantic relationships significantly. We can end up making some rash decisions about our appearance that we later regret.
Lina agrees and adds that it’s crucial to avoid making any additional significant adjustments. They concur that this implies “Avoid big purchases, breakups, filler, haircuts, and new relationships while Venus’ energy isn’t completely revealed.
Not only the one coming up in a few days, but for the majority of Venus retrogrades, this is typically the advice. For the time being, refrain from making any snap judgments regarding your long-term beauty. These astrologers can be trusted; they are knowledgeable.
Reflect on past relationships.
Since Venus “desires things and wants to manifest things, and Capricorn is a reminder of the sacrifice, hard effort, and honesty with oneself that’s truly required to do that, there is a little amount of natural friction with Venus traveling through Capricorn,” according to Murphy. As a result, she says, this transit will force us to consider what we’ve learned about our value in relationships and any temporary compromises we might have to make to get the love and fulfilling partnerships we deserve.
Which signs will be impacted by Venus going backwards in 2021?
These three zodiac signs will be most affected by Venus retrograde in 2021.
- Zodiac Cancer Signs (June 21 – July 22)
- Virgo (August 23September 22) Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac Signs for Capricorn (Dec. 22Jan.
Can I get my hair colored when Mercury is in retrograde?
People frequently feel emotional and reflect on the past when Mercury is spinning backwards. Don’t even try to make your daydream of having jet-black hair come true if you find yourself doing so. Retrograde is nearly always a poor time to dye your hair. Most likely, after frantically scouring the grocery store for a different box of dye to conceal your error and making matters worse, you will wind up with spotty brown streaks in your hair.
How do you navigate the retrograde period?
Once more, the dreadful Mercury retrograde is set to start. Mercury retrograde, though feared by the majority of us, is a normal occurrence in our universe and offers us just as many benefits as it does drawbacks. Mercury is the planet that stations retrograde the most frequently, doing so three times this year for periods of three weeks each. We may create opportunities for realignment and inner growth all year long if we learn to navigate these periods appropriately.
Mercury looks to be moving backwards in our sky, but he is actually forward motion. This is the first thing to comprehend. The fastest-moving planet in the solar system, Mercury completes one orbit of the Earth every 88 days, or up to four times a year. Similar to when a car passes another, slower going vehicle, as he passes us, it creates an optical illusion. The quicker car looks to be temporarily moving backwards before completely overtaking the slower car. The same effect that causes Mercury Retrograde also causes this.
Mercury is the planet that governs all of our technological and information exchange systems, as well as communication. The portion of us that quickly assimilates knowledge and transmits it to others is ruled by Mercury. The regular flow of energy is reversed as he retrogrades. Instead of flowing freely to others, ideas and thoughts sometimes seem to get trapped in our heads. The same thing happens when we communicate digitally: email servers crash, social media platforms have glitches, and our standard methods fall short of our expectations. Undoubtedly, it may be a frustrating moment. Speaking, writing, and even producing art might be challenging for us. The energy seems to become caught before bursting through chaotically, confusing everyone, like a sling shot. Here are some suggestions to assist you get through this period and actually use it to improve your environment rather than make it worse.
Who is impacted by the 2021 Mercury retrograde?
There is a reason why Mercury retrograde is arguably the most notorious astrological occurrence. Even though the zodiac can experience much scarier events, Mercury retrograde frequently tops the list because of how obvious its consequences can be. Mercury is a planet that has an impact on you every day since it is the planet of speech, reason, and deception. Mercury is in charge of assisting you in coming up with ideas, making plans, speaking your truth, and getting from point A to point B. Aries, Gemini, Virgo, and Libra are the zodiac signs that will be most affected by the fall 2021 Mercury retrograde, and you may not even realize what has hit you.
Because this specific retrograde is in the cardinal air sign of Libra, it has the potential to cause some drama in your romantic relationships, friendships, and interpersonal interactions in general. People from your past, particularly those with whom you still have unfinished business, can appear out of nowhere. Even unspoken truths can come to light, forcing you to resolve repressed disputes with others. Furthermore, let’s not forget the awkwardness of Mercury retrograde, which is why it is certain that a Mercury retrograde in the refined, elegant, and spotless sign of Libra would make you feel anything but that. Be prepared to utter a joke that doesn’t land, drop your drink on your crush, and trip over at a posh event.
This retrograde, which starts on September 27 at 25 degrees Libra and ends on October 18 at 10 degrees Libra, can make you reevaluate everything you think you know about this lovely, passionate, and graceful sign of the zodiac. The following zodiac signs can anticipate the following:
Effects of Positive Venus
Venus is regarded as bestowing positive outcomes when it is in the 4th, 5th, 7th, or 11th house and ascendant of a birth chart. Venus is a benefic planet that favors accumulating money, jewelry, real estate, a contented family life, and prosperity in commerce and trade. People with strong Venus, particularly those with an ascendant, are very magnetic.
Effects of Negative Venus
Venus becomes afflicted when it is in contact with harmful planets or when it is being aspected.
- The native will develop an addiction to drugs, alcohol, gambling, and other dangerous substances.
- Affected Venus may also make its inhabitants more susceptible to diabetes and addictions to narcotics, alcohol, and tobacco.
- A poor Venus placement in the birth chart may cause the native to lack attractiveness and friendly behavior.
- A Venus that is ill makes marriage difficult and increases the likelihood of divorce.
- a challenging Venus also causes extramarital encounters, divorce, and relationships with several partners.
- A weak Venus may cause a person to be a spendthrift, which may result in poverty.
- Having a negative Venus might also lead to skin conditions.
- A poorly positioned Venus can signal illnesses affecting the eyes, nose, chin, throat, sexual organs, kidney, bladder, and other bodily parts.
Remedies for Venus in Vedic Astrology
Here are some Venus cures to help you have a happier, more fulfilling life.
- Put on bright white clothing. Additionally advantageous is clothing in any shade of pink.
- Respect your spouse or partner.
- Give children or widowed women candy. This treatment is effective.
- To receive favorable results from Venus, uphold decent morals.
- Venus favors can be attained through praising Goddess Lakshmi. To get rid of problems and receive blessings so you can advance in life, recite the Sri Sookhtam song.
- Another approach to please the planets is to fast. You should fast on Fridays to ask Venus for benefits.
- According to Vedic astrology, one of the easiest ways to get rid of a planet’s unfavorable effects is by giving. Venus will reward you if you give on Fridays. Kheer (rice pudding), curd, silver, rice, and perfume are all acceptable donations.
- Chanting mantras is an important Vedic astrology treatment for planets. By repeating the Venus Beej (Seed) Mantra, “Aum Draam Dreem Droum Sah Shukraya Namah,” 108 times per day, you can increase the positive effects of Venus.
- Wear Shukra yantras to help Venus in its endeavors.
- Wear perfume and silver jewelry.
- Wear gemstones to attract favorable outcomes from Venus, such as diamonds, opal, white topaz, etc.
- Natives with a weak Venus might think about practicing physical treatments like breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. Excellent choices for yoga pranayama include anulom vilom, sheetkari, sheetali, and kapalbhati. It will exert mental control and support restraining negative urges.
*While the aforementioned treatments have shown to be effective, each person’s experience will probably vary depending on their unique birth chart. Therefore, it is essential to seek the counsel of an astrologer before implementing any Venus-related cures.