The moon, a heavenly body that stands for consolation, self-care, and maternal energy, rules Cancer. As a result, Cancers are frequently home focused. They enjoy making comfortable, secure environments that act as their own personal sanctuaries and then spending lots of time there. Cancers are fast to take on caretaker responsibilities and have a strong sense of family loyalty. These crabs must take caution, though: Cancers run the risk of straddling the line between attentive nurturing and dominating conduct when they invest emotionally in someone.
What is a Cancer’s personality like?
Cancers are known for being extremely sensitive, temperamental, and vindictive. In addition to being committed, cancers have an abnormal amount of affection for their loved ones. They respect their family and close friends highly and will go to tremendous measures to protect them at all costs.
Is the sign of Cancer favorable?
Both positive and negative characteristics apply to Cancer. On the plus side, the Cancer personality is dependable, vigilant, perceptive, and compassionate. On the negative side, Cancers are highly emotional, irritable, and vengeful. Below, we go over each of these characteristics in more detail.
Positive Cancer Traits
We are aware that Cancers are very sentimental, reserved individuals who value their tight relationships with friends and family. However, the Cancer personality is more complex than this.
Here, we discuss the significance of four of the finest Cancer characteristics for crabs.
Cancers, as was previously mentioned, can be tough to connect with at first, but once they do, they’ll be loyal to you for the rest of their lives. But don’t expect unwavering loyalty immediately away; it takes a long time to win over a Cancer’s trust.
Cancers are willing to do whatever it takes to care for the people they love, even if it means letting their own morals or sense of justice slide. Part of what makes the Cancer sign one of the most loyal in the zodiac is their high capacity for empathy.
In addition to being devoted, Cancers are fiercely protective of their loved ones, often to the point of being unreasonable. They value their family and close friends greatly and frequently go above and above to defend them.
Crabs will go to great efforts to preserve their houses and the people who live in them since the Cancer sign is so closely associated with the idea of home. The house is where Cancers feel most at ease, so it is vital that they try to defend it as best they can not only for their loved ones but for themselves as well. This is similar to a paternal instinct (which Crabs also have).
Although at times this protective mentality might be intrusive, it is really committed and comes from a generous heart.
Another essential trait of Cancer is intuition. Due to their high emotional state and capacity to quickly pick up on others’ emotional shifts, crabs frequently rely more on their intuition than on their practical or rational sense of judgment.
It wouldn’t be far-fetched to claim that Cancers are practically psychic because of their exceptional emotional intelligence, which allows them to “read” people. In fact, Cancers use this ability to prevent being duped by others and to increase their sense of security. They possess a special ability that only Cancers possess: the ability to make judgments fast and successfully based solely on their intuition.
The Cancer sign also dislikes things that are forced or false, such small talk and white lies, as a result of this perception. Therefore, you had better not lie to a Cancer since they will see straight through you!
The nurturing qualities that cancers are renowned for are an outgrowth of their fundamentally emotional personalities. In fact, Cancer’s devotion and protectiveness are examples of this trait.
When it comes to romantic love, crabs are extremely kind to their mates, but they also demand the same level of consideration and care from them (and become upset if they don’t).
Negative Cancer Traits
Every sign of the zodiac has a few flaws, and the Cancer sign is no different. Here, we list the three worst qualities of Cancer, ranging from moodiness and excessive sensitivity to vindictiveness.
#1: Overly Sensitive
The Crab’s inclination to become too sensitive to criticism or any (even mildly) emotional scenario is one of the hardest Cancer qualities to deal with. You can be sure that if you say something hurtful to a Cancer, they won’t forget it and will probably think about it for the rest of the day.
Indeed, crabs are infamous for spending a lot of time brooding in the shelter of their shells, which frequently causes them to participate in a public act of self-pity. If they continue to feel something is “wrong,” their sensitivity may occasionally lower their self-esteem and even cause them to become a bit paranoid.
Due to the intricacy of their emotions, which can abruptly switch from being exceedingly pleased to terribly unhappy, cancers are renowned for having mood swings. A Cancer will quickly retreat into their shells when upset or uneasy.
The sudden emotional shifts that the Crab experiences, which wax and wane with the moon’s phases, are a result of the relationship between the Cancer sign and the moon (the sign’s ruling planet). Cancers secretly desire others to be as kind and generous as they are. And if they don’t understand it, get ready for a powerful emotional outburst or mood change!
Never be shocked if a crab becomes a little petty or vindictive if you ever cross them. Cancers enjoy getting their way and typically do so by being compassionate and selfless. However, if it doesn’t succeed, they are prepared to exact revenge on whatever or whoever is making them suffer.
Because their emotions can often make them feel insecure and even manipulative, angry crabs should be avoided.
Did you realize that Mr. Krabs is not a cancer despite being an actual crab? And SpongeBob actually IS one? (We share the same birthday, July 14!)
Can cancers think?
Every sign of the zodiac has appealing qualities, whether you are an assertive Aries or a kind Cancer. Even your romantic compatibility and physical health can be predicted using astrological calculations. But which sign has the most brains when it comes to intelligence?
Astrologers claim that Scorpio and Aquarius are actually tied for the title of smartest Zodiac sign, but for quite different reasons. According to tests of cognitive aptitude and IQ, people who were born under the sign of Aquarius have the greatest levels of analytical intelligence. Scorpios, on the other hand, are more acute thinkers and excel at evaluating and comprehending the big picture.
Other zodiac signs are intelligent in their own ways, though, so this is not to mean they are all liars. According to Neil Crabtree, an astrologer at the Mayo School of Astrology, Geminis and Libras are also quite intelligent. The most emotionally intelligent signs are Cancer and Pisces, which means they are excellent at perceiving and understanding both their own and other people’s emotions.
The earth signs, however, such as Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn, exhibit practical intellect. Additionally, the fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius) have the strongest intuitive tendencies, which makes them more likely to take chances and assume leadership roles.
Are Cancers reserved?
Cancers are initially shy, so it could be difficult to discern if they even like you. A Cancer may take some time to fully emerge from their shell and reveal their actual self, much like their mascot, the crab. When dating a Cancer, patience is essential. This conflict-averse water sign may exhibit some passivity if they’re irritated. Make sure there is always open communication in the relationship because a Cancer can assume you can read their minds and understand what’s bothering them.
Are cancers amusing?
Your significant other is a Cancer, a sign of the water element known for their incredibly loving nature, if they were born between June 21 and July 22. No matter what sign you are, there are 11 factors that will make dating a Cancer enjoyable and rewarding.
1. They feel obligated to look after the individuals they care about. The natural-born “moms” of the zodiac, Cancers are ruled by the moon, which is associated with maternal energy and emotional energy in astrology. Their natural tendency is to bring happiness, comfort, and care to those who are closest to them. However, be careful since they can become extremely irritable if they feel cheated.
2. They appreciate fine dining. Your Cancer may prepare a challenging, exquisite dish they saw on Top Chef to show you how much they value you. Or perhaps they have a knack for picking out eateries and the ideal bottle of wine to go with the dinner. In either case, compliment the experience and watch their cute pride grow.
3. Sexual encounters without restrictions are OK, but they are more likely to last if there is an emotional bond. Cancers are flirty and charming, therefore they can definitely be players. They do, however, bring the romance into bed once they’ve committed to a relationship. To keep a Cancer interested, sex must ultimately be emotionally satisfying.
4. They value families. There is a reason why Khlo Kardashian, who has cancer, so closely resembles the classic Godfather slogan “Never go against the family,” The crab prioritizes its family, especially their mother (see number 1), above pretty much anything else. (This also applies to their BFFs, whom they essentially view as siblings.) They enjoy spending time with children and, if they aren’t already, can clearly picture themselves as a parent.
5. Don’t anticipate them to be ambiguous. Okay, I realize that this seems somewhat illogical given that Cancer is a water sign. Crabs are one of the four cardinal signs of the zodiac, making them ambitious and action-oriented. Once they’ve made up their minds about anything, such as landing a killer job or getting you into bed tonight, they’ll go after it with all of their might. Hot.
6. They’ll sexily catch you off guard. They’ll bring out a couple’s vibrator or lead you into the shower just as you thought you were in for a typical, between-the-sheets bang. They will feel comfortable changing things up in bed as long as they feel secure with you. You’re lucky.
7. They have a variety of sentimental tendencies. Be prepared for Cancers to become quite emotional at seemingly insignificant events, such as a particularly adorable #TBT or an Ed Sheeran song that brings back memories of the night you two first met. This may or may not make you say “aww,” depending on your personal preferences. But watch out: They could become a little aloof if they see that their partner isn’t being very understanding.
9. They always try to save money. They are known for being rather frugal since they place such a high value on security. They won’t be above searching for a coupon code on their phone at the grocery store, for example. Therefore, once you’re serious, try suggesting that you open a joint savings account and watch them light up.
They’re frickin’ funny, number 10. There is a reason why many comedians are Cancers, including Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, and Sofia Vergara. They are experts at making fun of the all-too-real parts of daily life because they are inherently hilarious and emotionally intelligent. Of course, they may also be a little quirky and silly at times, which makes them even cuter.
11. You won’t be able to conceal your true feelings. Cancers are extremely perceptive when it comes to other people’s feelings in addition to their own. Their natural tendency is to feel compassion for those who are suffering. You will therefore feel tremendously supported if you don’t mind doing a lot of sharing.
How come Cancers are so hot?
When it comes to matters of the heart, they are the most fervent and emotional sign.
No other sign possesses the emotional intelligence and real grasp of human nature that Cancers naturally possess, and they bring a great deal of compassion and care to individuals. They understand you, and it is so alluring.
- Their affection for the ocean and their use of seagreen, blue, and silver tones represent their inventive nature (being a Water element).
- displaying their stunning eyes. Every Cancerian has dark, brooding eyes.
- Smiling. It can brighten the environment when someone is genuinely joyful or satisfied.
Are Cancers dependable?
You may be absolutely certain that any close friends or family members who are born under this sign will never intentionally hurt you. Cancers, the most devoted sign in the zodiac, will give you their complete selves.
The beauty of cancers
Cancerians are incredibly caring and compassionate. This is a star sign you want on your side since no other possesses the emotional intelligence and sincere comprehension of human nature to assist in building people up. They are also clever, witty, vibrant, and fascinating. Cancerians are appealing due to:
- Life is rarely boring because of their quicksilver emotional states because you never quite know which “mood” you’ll find them in.
- They have lovely eyes. Deep, all-knowing eyes are a trait shared by all Cancerians.
- They smile beautifully. It can brighten the environment when someone is genuinely joyful or satisfied.
Who gets on best with Cancer?
As a result of their physical allure, humor, intelligence, love of sex, and penchant for flirting like it’s going out of style, Cancerians frequently have a long list of admirers. Since the Cancerian sign’s main skill is ‘pulling’ socially, online dating was a setback for them, but hey, times change.
Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio get along well and make terrific friends and partners because they are all members of the Water sign brigade who can handle each other’s complex personalities and pathological desire for close relationships.
Capricorn is the sign for steamy sex for Cancer. The crab and the sea goat constitute an intriguing pairing since Cappy is all business and practical while Cancer is all artistic and emotional. In this case, opposites do indeed attract. Both discover in the other what they feel they are missing, which sparks intense excitement and awe.
Cancer turn ons
- Verbal sex. In terms of sexual activity, that is what your sign is related to. The exchange of gifts. You’ve got some talent; perhaps you might share some knowledge with the rest of us.
- Secrets. Oh, the JOY when someone cries a little and says, “I’ve never told anyone else anything but…,” to you. It sounds wonderful to a Cancerian! You enjoy having insider access to and knowledge about other people’s affairs. You are a reliable confidant who can handle even the spiciest of tea.
- No other sign, not even Leo, has such a voracious thirst for compassion, protection, pampering, and sympathy. You enjoy being taken care of, perhaps even a little “babied.” Your domain is open to knights in dazzling armor.
Cancer turn offs
- People who completely rely on their reason, logic, or intelligence; who base everything on what is real, established, verifiable, or scientifically feasible. UGH. Where are they from the heart? You value intuition and gut instinct since you are both a “feeler” and a thinker.
- Disagreement. Now, please bear with me. I understand that you, like the rest of us, must put up with people not doing what you want, etc., but when someone questions your feelings or something that happened to you specifically, it physically BURNS. You find it difficult to understand how someone might reject your ideas or opinions. Any suggestion that your own motives or sentiments are being questioned may cause you to freeze that individual out.
Are cancers uncommon?
Cancer that affects less than 15 out of 100,000 persons annually, according to the National Cancer Institute. The majority of cancer types are regarded as rare, and they are frequently more challenging to avoid, identify, and cure than cancers that are more prevalent.
Defeatable by cancer?
They aren’t the most outward about it, but they are intense when they are. Tauruses will put on a facade that everything is still okay, which is possibly the scariest technique of all, while Leos will be quite open about their emotions.
Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
Being the emotive Crab that they are, cancers are difficult to argue with.
One of the strong zodiac signs that can fight, they will take everything you say, exaggerate and inflate it, and then turn it around and use it against you. If they believe you were trying to purposely hurt them, they take things so personally and turn quite bitter.