Both positive and negative characteristics apply to Cancer. On the plus side, the Cancer personality is dependable, vigilant, perceptive, and compassionate. On the negative side, Cancers are highly emotional, irritable, and vengeful. Below, we go over each of these characteristics in more detail.
In This Article...
Positive Cancer Traits
We are aware that Cancers are very sentimental, reserved individuals who value their tight relationships with friends and family. However, the Cancer personality is more complex than this.
Here, we discuss the significance of four of the finest Cancer characteristics for crabs.
Cancers, as was previously mentioned, can be tough to connect with at first, but once they do, they’ll be loyal to you for the rest of their lives. But don’t expect unwavering loyalty immediately away; it takes a long time to win over a Cancer’s trust.
Cancers are willing to do whatever it takes to care for the people they love, even if it means letting their own morals or sense of justice slide. Part of what makes the Cancer sign one of the most loyal in the zodiac is their high capacity for empathy.
In addition to being devoted, Cancers are fiercely protective of their loved ones, often to the point of being unreasonable. They value their family and close friends greatly and frequently go above and above to defend them.
Crabs will go to great efforts to preserve their houses and the people who live in them since the Cancer sign is so closely associated with the idea of home. The house is where Cancers feel most at ease, so it is vital that they try to defend it as best they can not only for their loved ones but for themselves as well. This is similar to a paternal instinct (which Crabs also have).
Although at times this protective mentality might be intrusive, it is really committed and comes from a generous heart.
Another essential trait of Cancer is intuition. Due to their high emotional state and capacity to quickly pick up on others’ emotional shifts, crabs frequently rely more on their intuition than on their practical or rational sense of judgment.
It wouldn’t be far-fetched to claim that Cancers are practically psychic because of their exceptional emotional intelligence, which allows them to “read” people. In fact, Cancers use this ability to prevent being duped by others and to increase their sense of security. They possess a special ability that only Cancers possess: the ability to make judgments fast and successfully based solely on their intuition.
The Cancer sign also dislikes things that are forced or false, such small talk and white lies, as a result of this perception. Therefore, you had better not lie to a Cancer since they will see straight through you!
The nurturing qualities that cancers are renowned for are an outgrowth of their fundamentally emotional personalities. In fact, Cancer’s devotion and protectiveness are examples of this trait.
When it comes to romantic love, crabs are extremely kind to their mates, but they also demand the same level of consideration and care from them (and become upset if they don’t).
Negative Cancer Traits
Every sign of the zodiac has a few flaws, and the Cancer sign is no different. Here, we list the three worst qualities of Cancer, ranging from moodiness and excessive sensitivity to vindictiveness.
#1: Overly Sensitive
The Crab’s inclination to become too sensitive to criticism or any (even mildly) emotional scenario is one of the hardest Cancer qualities to deal with. You can be sure that if you say something hurtful to a Cancer, they won’t forget it and will probably think about it for the rest of the day.
Indeed, crabs are infamous for spending a lot of time brooding in the shelter of their shells, which frequently causes them to participate in a public act of self-pity. If they continue to feel something is “wrong,” their sensitivity may occasionally lower their self-esteem and even cause them to become a bit paranoid.
Due to the intricacy of their emotions, which can abruptly switch from being exceedingly pleased to terribly unhappy, cancers are renowned for having mood swings. A Cancer will quickly retreat into their shells when upset or uneasy.
The sudden emotional shifts that the Crab experiences, which wax and wane with the moon’s phases, are a result of the relationship between the Cancer sign and the moon (the sign’s ruling planet). Cancers secretly desire others to be as kind and generous as they are. And if they don’t understand it, get ready for a powerful emotional outburst or mood change!
Never be shocked if a crab becomes a little petty or vindictive if you ever cross them. Cancers enjoy getting their way and typically do so by being compassionate and selfless. However, if it doesn’t succeed, they are prepared to exact revenge on whatever or whoever is making them suffer.
Because their emotions can often make them feel insecure and even manipulative, angry crabs should be avoided.
Did you realize that Mr. Krabs is not a cancer despite being an actual crab? And SpongeBob actually IS one? (We share the same birthday, July 14!)
Is cancer a bad omen?
Cancer is the fourth zodiac sign and derives from the constellation of Cancer. It means “crab” in Latin. From 90 to 120 celestial longitudes are covered by it. The Sun passes through this region under the tropical zodiac between around June 22 and July 22, and under the sidereal zodiac, between roughly July 16 and August 17.
Cancer, Pisces, and Scorpio make form the Water trigon, which has Cancer as its cardinal sign. It is one of the six negative signs, with the Moon as its ruling planet. According to the Karkinos, the sign of Cancer is most frequently shown as a crab, however some representations also include a lobster or crayfish. Capricorn is the sign that opposes Cancer.
Cancers are they a poisonous sign?
Cancer’s negative characteristic is envy. When they are in love, the Crabs are very possessive. They will pinch and cling on to someone fiercely when they care about them. In exchange for their boundless affection, Cancerians demand undivided attention. And some people struggle under pressure.
Has cancer a negative side?
Gemini has a keen interest in learning new things. With practically anyone, they can strike up a discussion. At the same time, they could find it challenging to focus on one task and finish what they start. They may be prone to gossip due to their knack for gab. They enjoy telling interesting tales!
It’s possible to view Cancer’s reputation for moodiness as its darker side. Lack of self-care, however, is what triggers Cancer’s sporadic mood swings. The nurturer of the zodiac, Cancer is known for looking after the people they care about. However, Cancer can experience exhaustion or even resentment if they don’t take care of themselves.
What is the Cancer zodiac sign’s weakness?
Due to their extreme sensitivity, cancers frequently end up misinterpreting others’ words or actions or taking things personally. A Cancer needs to be forthright about their sentiments rather than internalizing them and making assumptions because even the smallest changes in someone’s energy could make them anxious.
Cancers are hot?
Cancer might not be as flamboyant as a Leo, radiate sensuality like a Scorpio, or have the charm to charm their way into someone’s heart (or bed) like a Gemini. But you are the sign that can instantly put folks at rest just by being there. You are empathetic, sensitive, and acutely aware of those around you. You know how to prepare a delectable meal, and your home is always cozy and welcoming. Overall, you’re perfect for long-term relationships. Although you tend to be a bit reserved, the three zodiac signs that are most drawn to Cancer would love nothing more than to help you come out of your shell.
Semos claims that Cancer represents the “divine feminine energies”our ideals and emotionsthat are present in everyone of us. A cozy home and a close relationship with family are highly important to Cancer. As a result, they go out of their way to ensure that everybody they let into their inner circle is taken care of. This could entail being one of the few individuals who can truly uncover what’s troubling someone in the first place, Semos adds. “This might include cooking comfortable meals in their cozy-decorated house, holding emotional space for someone to grieve on their shoulder.
People are drawn to cancers because of their inherently kind and welcoming spirit. But according to Semos, these are the three zodiac signs that are most drawn to Cancer.
Are cancers amusing?
Your significant other is a Cancer, a sign of the water element known for their incredibly loving nature, if they were born between June 21 and July 22. No matter what sign you are, there are 11 factors that will make dating a Cancer enjoyable and rewarding.
1. They feel obligated to look after the individuals they care about. The natural-born “moms” of the zodiac, Cancers are ruled by the moon, which is associated with maternal energy and emotional energy in astrology. Their natural tendency is to bring happiness, comfort, and care to those who are closest to them. However, be careful since they can become extremely irritable if they feel cheated.
2. They appreciate fine dining. Your Cancer may prepare a challenging, exquisite dish they saw on Top Chef to show you how much they value you. Or perhaps they have a knack for picking out eateries and the ideal bottle of wine to go with the dinner. In either case, compliment the experience and watch their cute pride grow.
3. Sexual encounters without restrictions are OK, but they are more likely to last if there is an emotional bond. Cancers are flirty and charming, therefore they can definitely be players. They do, however, bring the romance into bed once they’ve committed to a relationship. To keep a Cancer interested, sex must ultimately be emotionally satisfying.
4. They value families. There is a reason why Khlo Kardashian, who has cancer, so closely resembles the classic Godfather slogan “Never go against the family,” The crab prioritizes its family, especially their mother (see number 1), above pretty much anything else. (This also applies to their BFFs, whom they essentially view as siblings.) They enjoy spending time with children and, if they aren’t already, can clearly picture themselves as a parent.
5. Don’t anticipate them to be ambiguous. Okay, I realize that this seems somewhat illogical given that Cancer is a water sign. Crabs are one of the four cardinal signs of the zodiac, making them ambitious and action-oriented. Once they’ve made up their minds about anything, such as landing a killer job or getting you into bed tonight, they’ll go after it with all of their might. Hot.
6. They’ll sexily catch you off guard. They’ll bring out a couple’s vibrator or lead you into the shower just as you thought you were in for a typical, between-the-sheets bang. They will feel comfortable changing things up in bed as long as they feel secure with you. You’re lucky.
7. They have a variety of sentimental tendencies. Be prepared for Cancers to become quite emotional at seemingly insignificant events, such as a particularly adorable #TBT or an Ed Sheeran song that brings back memories of the night you two first met. This may or may not make you say “aww,” depending on your personal preferences. But watch out: They could become a little aloof if they see that their partner isn’t being very understanding.
9. They always try to save money. They are known for being rather frugal since they place such a high value on security. They won’t be above searching for a coupon code on their phone at the grocery store, for example. Therefore, once you’re serious, try suggesting that you open a joint savings account and watch them light up.
They’re frickin’ funny, number 10. There is a reason why many comedians are Cancers, including Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, and Sofia Vergara. They are experts at making fun of the all-too-real parts of daily life because they are inherently hilarious and emotionally intelligent. Of course, they may also be a little quirky and silly at times, which makes them even cuter.
11. You won’t be able to conceal your true feelings. Cancers are extremely perceptive when it comes to other people’s feelings in addition to their own. Their natural tendency is to feel compassion for those who are suffering. You will therefore feel tremendously supported if you don’t mind doing a lot of sharing.
Which zodiac signs despise cancers?
Aries, Capricorn, and Aquarius are the signs that Cancers may find it difficult to get along with. Conflict arises between the two since the independent Aries doesn’t think the Crabs need to be taken care of. Grim Capricorn has emotional boundaries that sensitive Cancer cannot handle, which leaves the Crab feeling misunderstood. Both Aquarius and Cancers are concerned about taking care of others, but Cancers find Aquarians to be too unstable in relationships since they require stability and consistency in their relationships.
Why are tumors so attractive?
Cancerians are incredibly caring and compassionate. This is a star sign you want on your side since no other possesses the emotional intelligence and sincere comprehension of human nature to assist in building people up. They are also clever, witty, vibrant, and fascinating. Cancerians are appealing due to:
- Life is rarely boring because of their quicksilver emotional states because you never quite know which “mood” you’ll find them in.
- They have lovely eyes. Deep, all-knowing eyes are a trait shared by all Cancerians.
- They smile beautifully. It can brighten the environment when someone is genuinely joyful or satisfied.
Who gets on best with Cancer?
As a result of their physical allure, humor, intelligence, love of sex, and penchant for flirting like it’s going out of style, Cancerians frequently have a long list of admirers. Since the Cancerian sign’s main skill is ‘pulling’ socially, online dating was a setback for them, but hey, times change.
Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio get along well and make terrific friends and partners because they are all members of the Water sign brigade who can handle each other’s complex personalities and pathological desire for close relationships.
Capricorn is the sign for steamy sex for Cancer. The crab and the sea goat constitute an intriguing pairing since Cappy is all business and practical while Cancer is all artistic and emotional. In this case, opposites do indeed attract. Both discover in the other what they feel they are missing, which sparks intense excitement and awe.
Cancer turn ons
- Verbal sex. In terms of sexual activity, that is what your sign is related to. The exchange of gifts. You’ve got some talent; perhaps you might share some knowledge with the rest of us.
- Secrets. Oh, the JOY when someone cries a little and says, “I’ve never told anyone else anything but…,” to you. It sounds wonderful to a Cancerian! You enjoy having insider access to and knowledge about other people’s affairs. You are a reliable confidant who can handle even the spiciest of tea.
- No other sign, not even Leo, has such a voracious thirst for compassion, protection, pampering, and sympathy. You enjoy being taken care of, perhaps even a little “babied.” Your domain is open to knights in dazzling armor.
Cancer turn offs
- People who completely rely on their reason, logic, or intelligence; who base everything on what is real, established, verifiable, or scientifically feasible. UGH. Where are they from the heart? You value intuition and gut instinct since you are both a “feeler” and a thinker.
- Disagreement. Now, please bear with me. I understand that you, like the rest of us, must put up with people not doing what you want, etc., but when someone questions your feelings or something that happened to you specifically, it physically BURNS. You find it difficult to understand how someone might reject your ideas or opinions. Any suggestion that your own motives or sentiments are being questioned may cause you to freeze that individual out.
Are cancer’s adversaries toxic?
Although cancers are highly emotional, this does not make them poisonous friends. It has to do with how Cancers use their emotional control over others. They constantly feel bad about themselves. You start acting like a therapist because you have a friend who constantly feels unworthy.
You shouldn’t act as your friends’ therapist; instead, you should be there to help them at difficult times. Being friends with Cancer is bad because it will try to get you to feel sorry for them.
LIBRA(September 23October 22)
When things are difficult or unclear, Libra is renowned for speaking with logic. Even when they occasionally lose control, this does not imply that they lack maturity. In actuality, Libra is so preoccupied with appearing mature that they frequently suppress their feelings, which causes them to erupt like a volcano. However, it is because of this sign that everyone will be properly attired. They’ll be the ones to soothe frazzled members of the family.
CAPRICORN(December 22January 19)
One of the most mature zodiac signs is Capricorn by nature. Like Libra, this sign will always attempt to keep their composure. You can rely on them to try to live their lives in the most responsible way possible. They will be the voice of reason when two of their closest friends disagree. One of the signs of the zodiac that can excel under pressure is this one.
CANCER(June 21July 22)
Cancer develops more naturally than other diseases do. They tend to be more innocent when they are younger. However, you’ll note that Cancers tend to organically mature as they age. They are not suppressing their feelings in order to do this, either.
A fully developed Cancer brings stability to its surroundings. They are therefore wonderful pals to talk to when your life seems to be disintegrating.
VIRGO(August 23September 22)
Virgos might occasionally come off as childlike due to their sensitive temperament. They may be easily hurt and may treat you silently. Instead of handling situations maturely, Virgo often suppresses its emotions.
Virgo, nevertheless, manages to gather himself and take the initiative when faced with pressure in life. In chaotic conditions, they exhibit a great deal of maturity.
TAURUS(April 20May 20)
Taurus people tend to be mature. Most of the time, this Earth sign maintains its grounding. However, whether they are being stubborn or offering life advise, they have a tendency to be a little juvenile. This sign is capable of acting like a youngster to achieve what they desire.
However, when they are needed, Taurus will show its full maturity. Taurus is a great buddy since they are dependable and capable of acting maturely when necessary.
AQUARIUS(January 20February 18)
While maintaining a mature exterior, Aquarius often has a juvenile interior. The desire to be responsible prevents this sign from acting out and letting its emotions run wild. They have a strong sense of fairness. They are able to balance things so that they can act maturely even when they don’t want to because of their swift discernment of right from wrong and behavior.
PISCES(February 19March 20)
Pisces sincerely tries to avoid being juvenile, and they mean well. They like the concept of being grown and responsible. However, they frequently let their feelings to dictate how they behave. As they attempt to be who they believe they should be, Pisces might exhibit a lot of infantile behavior mixed with irregular moments of maturity.
SCORPIO(October 23November 21)
Scorpios have a reputation for being a little egotistical, which might make them more immature than other signs of the zodiac. When necessary to achieve their goals, they display maturity. But when they allow their feelings to dictate their behavior in response to not getting their way, their immaturity shows through.
SAGITTARIUS(November 22December 21)
One of the more egocentric signs of the zodiac, Sagittarius is famous for this. When necessary, they put up a mature front for the rest of the world, but that is the extent of their maturity. Be ready for childish tantrums in private when they don’t get their way with simple things. They make an effort to act adult, but it’s just not who they are.
LEO(July 23August 22)
One of the most innocent signs is Leo. They don’t even attempt to modify themselves since they are really just a huge baby inside. When life is chaotic or when you have to put up a mature front for everyone else, forget it. They would much rather act foolishly, express their emotions, and put the rest of the world in their place for not doing similarly.