Choose your spread and put it in writing so it’s not just rattling around in your head. Then shuffle your cards while contemplating your relationship. Place any cards that jump or fall out when you do this in your spread. If not, spread out the cards on the ground and choose the ones that appeal to you or that you feel like prodding up.
Put them in front of you in the spread’s order, and concentrate on one at a time. Make notes as you go so that you can review them after the process is complete.
To look up the card meanings as you go, use your guidebook. To connect the card’s meaning to the solution to your particular query, you will need to engage in some mental acrobatics, but that is what makes tarot readings magicalit requires a leap of faith on your part.
Can you perform a self-love tarot reading?
Is it feasible for a beginner to perform Tarot spreads on themselves? Yes! It most certainly is. Tarot is a technique that aids in deepening our understanding of the present moment, honoring our intuition, and predicting future possibilities.
Can a couple conduct a joint tarot reading?
Couples reading together can be enjoyable and educational for both the individual and the partnership. In some circumstances, it can also be profoundly restorative because a tarot reading can offer a neutral setting for resolving conflicts and seeing the big picture.
However, there are times when it can also be a potential land mine and make the reader an unintentional pawn in a War of the Roses.
I’ve sat with aggressive couples who were hauled to the reading against their will, controlling parents, and worse.
Some of my clients have even manipulated their partners using the reading by distorting the meaning to suit their purposes.
Even if all of these scenarios are uncommon, they can nonetheless occur occasionally, which is why both the client and the reader should practice mindfulness if a couple choose to visit the office together.
A safe and sacred environment must be established, which calls for healthy limits and mutual respect on both sides.
If a partner (parent, kid, coworker, friend, etc.) wants to attend the reading, this is my best suggestion for both couples and readers:
For the customer:
- Ascertain if your companion is willing to try the experience. Don’t bring them if they genuinely don’t want to be there. Likewise, if they distract you from your work or in any other way make you feel uneasy, don’t let them sit in. Ideally, both participants should be respectful and enthusiastic.
- If your relationship is having problems, approach the matter with an open mind to possible solutions rather than expecting a certain outcome.
- Things can always change, and they frequently do.
- Ask questions that will help your circumstance develop in a positive way.
- Avoid asking “should” questions, such as “Should we move in together? “; doing so will rob you of your autonomy and put the reader in the unpleasant position of having to decide for you.
- What can I do to or how can I sort are better queries.
- Before you ask any questions, have a discussion with your spouse about them.
- By doing so, you can steer clear of repetition.
- If your circumstance is difficult, think about using different readers.
- The majority of readers can maintain objectivity, but separate readers guarantee it.
- It can be best to enter the room alone if you want to talk about a delicate subject.
- If you and your spouse decide to split up, avoid pestering your reader to ask if the other person is still coming in for readings or to inquire about their readings. It is not your concern.
- Keep things upbeat and laid-back.
- In case a person changes their mind and prefers seclusion, have a waiting room outside.
- Encourage the use of problem-solving questions that emphasize individual accountability and place the future firmly in the client’s hands.
- You are not a marital therapist.
- If the case calls for it, refer them to one.
- You might need to decline to read for one partner in some circumstances.
- If you are unable to maintain objectivity, you are failing the client and putting yourself in a difficult situation.
- It’s best to tell them straight up and suggest someone else.
- Strict client privacy must be maintained.
- That implies that you keep all knowledge to yourself in the event that the pair splits up or one enters on their own.
- If they ask, cut them off right away and assure them that you won’t reveal anything (that includes whether or not the person inquired about uses your services).
A shared reading requires a unified and sacred setting from both clients and reader. Set that tone instantly and everyone walks away with a great experience. There are many advantages to going in with a partner (someone to take notes for you, sharing an experience, support, etc.).
Many people want to accompany you in the limo, but Oprah Winfrey once said, “What you want is someone who will ride the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
If so, what do you like most about doing that? If you are a reader, what other tips would you have for both readers and clients? Please share your insights and experiences in the comment box below:
What constitutes a proper tarot reading?
Tarot readings typically proceed in the following manner after that:
- You must first pose a query to the card deck. It ought to be unambiguous and open-ended.
- It’s time to shuffle once you have the question in your head.
- Draw a card (s).
- Lay your chosen card or cards in your spread face down after making your selection.
How many playing cards are used in a love reading?
A six-card spread for matching partners: It offers knowledge on everything, from what might be preventing you from falling in love to how to go about finding a matching companion. Pull your cards in the formation shown below, one through six, keeping in mind to welcome love as you read them.
After a breakup
Draw one card for each of the following inquiries if you’ve recently broken up with someone and want to know more about the reason or determine whether you’ll get back together:
- How energetic is the partnership right now?
- What caused the divide in the first place?
- What do they really think of me right now?
- What do they intend for me right now?
- What kind of relationship will this be in the future?
- Which action is ideal for me to take right now?
When job searching
You can use this spread to explore what kind of career guidance the tarot can offer if you’re feeling uncertain about your career path or thinking about a new employment. Draw one card once more for each query.
- How active am I in my career right now?
- What obstacle do I need to overcome?
- What is my calling in life?
- How can I follow this calling more closely?
- What should I do to prepare for the upcoming month?
When deciding between two options
This spread can highlight the benefits and drawbacks of each option, guiding you toward the best decision if you’re using tarot to pick between two possibilities (two job offers, two apartments, perhaps a love triangle???). Getting the deal Per card, ask one question.
- What is the fundamental cause of this fork in the road?
- What is the likely result of choosing option A?
- What is the most likely result for option B?
- What more should I take into account that was overlooked?
- What’s the best thing I can do right now?
When something is off with a friend
If you’re concerned about the state of a friendship or feel like something is wrong but are unable to pinpoint the cause, you might be interested in seeing what conclusions and solutions this spread offers. Ask one question per card, once more, I repeat.
- What makes this friendship so crucial?
- What led to this sudden change in tone, and why?
- What has changed, in my friend’s opinion?
- What can I do to make this matter more urgent?
- What is the future of this friendship?
- What should I do at this moment?
Should I go after a love tarot reading?
It never hurts to seek a second opinion from the cards, no matter how safe and secure your partnership is. Tarot cards can bring to light any repressed deep emotions and conflicts, or they can reveal how your spouse feels about you.
For advice and insight into your relationship, I advise consulting the cards every few weeks. You’ll be able to better understand your own emotions and sentiments and strengthen your relationship with your partner as a result.
Why do you say you me US?
Any two people can be examined using this spread to determine their relationship.
You may, for instance, utilize it with a buddy, a workmate, or, of course, a romantic relationship.
If you are reading for someone else, person 1 or yourself are represented by the first column of cards. The other person is in the second column (person 2). The relationship itself is represented by the third column, which runs horizontally along the middle of the spread.
1. Their perception of oneself
2. How they perceive the individual 2
3. How they see the connection
4. Their perception of oneself
5. Their opinions on people 1
6. Their opinions about the partnership
7. This relationship has a lot of strength.
8. This relationship has a weaker point.
9. Where things appear to be going in the relationship
10. Suggestions: What the connection needs
PS: You can see a smaller version of this spread here if you’re pressed for time or just want something easier!
How should I maintain my Tarot deck?
While rearranging the cards in the tarot deck is a good approach to purify and clear their energy, there are some circumstances in which you might wish to perform a more specialized ritual. If you’re just getting started with tarot, cleaning your deck can be an excellent place to start.
You might want to clean your tarot deck for a variety of reasons, including:
- beginning with a fresh deck
- readings for other people
- You think you need to recharge.
- Your card readings seem a touch “odd” or “disconnected”
- Your deck hasn’t been used recently.
- Your deck has been handled by others
- You think you’ve been utilizing your deck a lot. A LOT, especially for books with strong emotional content
Why should you cleanse or clear your tarot deck?
Tarot deck cleansing helps keep the energy flowing between you and your deck. Consider it as a little spiritual hygiene to maintain a strong and clear connection. It’s not necessary, but if you have any of the aforementioned symptoms, try a few of the energetic cleansing techniques listed below and note which ones seem to work the best for you.
How often should you cleanse your tarot deck?
This is another way of stating USE YOUR INTUITION: there are no hard and fast laws. Don’t stress if you don’t believe it is necessary for your deck. Alternately, if you like to cleanse them once per week or once per month, that’s great. If it feels appropriate to you, you can even place your favorite crystal on the balcony each night.
If you frequently place crystals on your deck and store it on an altar while not in use, you might not feel the need to cleanse it frequently because this quick ritual will likely be sufficient to keep your deck feeling nice.
There are numerous ways to cleanse your cards, just as there are numerous reasons why you might desire to do so.
Different ways to cleanse your tarot deck
Use holy smoke. Light a dried rosemary, lavender, cedar, sage, or palo santo cleansing wand until it begins to smoke. Hold the smoke a safe distance below the deck while holding the burning herbs in one hand and the deck in the other so that the smoke drifts upward onto the cards. Turn the deck so that the smoke covers it from all angles. Next, safely put your deck to the ground and put out the fire.
On the deck, set a selenite stone (or a black tourmaline or a transparent quartz). It works well to leave it like way for an hour, but I prefer to leave it overnight.
Set them on display during a new moon. The New Moon is energy of a blank slate; you can purify the deck by setting it on a window sill on a new moon night. At this moment, you can also make a brand-new intention for your deck.
Place the cards in a salty dish. A strong and stabilizing cleaner is salt. My preferred choice for a thorough cleansing is this. Allow it to sit anywhere from one to eight hours in a dry area.
Unorderly shuffle. Spread the cards out on the ground, then shuffle them around like a child playing in dirt. This method’s freedom and randomization serve as an excellent reset.
the shuffle and sort. Set up the deck in rows of seven cards across, commencing with the Major Arcana numbers 0 to 22. (see photo above). Next, arrange the cards, Ace through King, one for each suit, as follows: Swords, Pentacles, Cups, and Wands. View the deck in this configuration, then mix everything up (like the chaotic!) and shuffle it thoroughly.
What should you do initially while using a Tarot deck?
What to Do First:
- Get out your tarot deck.
- The cards are in your hand.
- “Knock or tap the pile of cards numerous times while holding them in your palm to disseminate your energy throughout the deck.
- Shuffle the cards completely.
- The cards are divided into three heaps, which are subsequently reassembled into one pile.
How are tarot cards facing?
There is no “correct” response, as there are numerous things in the Tarot. The best course of action is to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of all your options before choosing the one that feels most natural to you.
You have a choice here between dealing cards with yourself or the client facing you. This is crucial when using reversed Tarot cards since you need to be able to distinguish between the upright and the inverted cards. Therefore, be cautious to choose your strategy before you lay down the cards.
Dealing the Cards to Face You
It is simpler to read the cards if they are dealt face you. It happens frequently that an image will attract your attention and communicate a certain tale, which you can then share with your client. If the card is upright, the image will seem differently and might convey a different message than if it is inverted. Therefore, facing the cards allows you to witness the story as it is being told.
In addition, I think it’s crucial for you, the reader, to see the cards as they are being set out rather than your client because it is you who will be giving the cards their meaning. Similar like trying to read a book upside-down to a young child, it is possible, but it is more challenging!