Don’t worry if you see that many of your clients’ questions fall into the “don’t category.” These are frequently fresh readers who may have quite different ideas of what a tarot reading implies based on what they have seen on television or in movies. Use your compassion and intuition to try and understand what the question’s true meaning is; it is frequently enough to simply try to reword it. The majority of the queries in the don’t category frequently merely hint at what people are really looking for. As we discuss a couple of our recommendations below, you’ll notice this theme emerging.
In This Article...
According to Fortunaso, the ideal questions to ask during tarot readings are open-ended inquiries. Examples comprise:
- Inform me about your career.
- How can I strengthen my bond with X?
- What is going on in my love life at the moment?
According to Fortunaso, “the reason you want to have these wide queries is because you want the tale from the tarot, not the definitive answer.” “You wouldn’t just go to a movie and ask what happens at the end. You want to view the movie to understand the setting. You desire to make the voyage.”
When questions are phrased in this way, the cards are given the chance to reveal unexpected information that may be useful, such as highlighting significant individuals in a scenario, hidden emotions, or limiting beliefs that are preventing you from moving forward. Furthermore, just because a question is open-ended doesn’t exclude it from being specific. Be explicit when required, advises Krans. “Don’t be hesitant to include specifics in your question, such as names, places, and dates, if you have a specific thing you want to know.”
Whether you’re pulling your own cards or working with a reader, here’s a pro tip: make sure you’re at ease and composed before you begin. Take five to ten minutes to unwind before a reading, advises Krans. “Even breathing exercises, time in nature, or some meditation will help you hone your questions.”
Although asking the tarot cards questions about a particular topic can yield some insightful answers, Krans asserts that you are not need to ask any questions at all. You might request a general reading from your tarot card reader and then observe the messages that are revealed. Or, if you’re consulting your own cards, just state bluntly, “What do I need to know right now?”
It’s completely acceptable to ask for clarification if you draw a card and are still unsure of its meaning in light of your inquiry, according to Fortunaso. She claims that when additional explanation or questioning are required, the readings are frequently at their best. It may truly go into a subject.
To do this, Fortunaso advises telling the cards that you’re unsure of their significance and pulling another card in the hopes of receiving an answer. Do not randomly select a large number of cards if, after doing so, you are still unsure of what the heck the cards are trying to tell you. Simply sit with the response for a while and let it simmer. The significance will probably become clear in the future.
Keep in mind that it’s in your best interest as well as the tarot reader to keep these suggestions in mind. Additionally, if you have a deck of tarot cards, there’s no reason you can’t DIY a reader even though you may want to consult a professional on topics you’re particularly stumped on. You can learn the ins and outs of tarot using a spread, or you can start out with a one-card pull to set intentions or get clarification on a specific subject.
But whatever of the method you select, you can be sure that the cards will provide more accurate responses if you ask the right questions. In conclusion, keep your open-ended questions focused, but if you’re unclear of what you want to know, feel free to be general. Be prepared to ask clarifying questions after your first card if necessary, such as “What do you mean by this?” Above all, if you don’t truly want to know the answers to a question, don’t ask it.
How do you phrase routine inquiries in tarot?
Here are six additional queries you might pose to your Tarot cards every morning to stimulate your intuition:
- What energy this morning is influencing me?
- Where can I put my attention today to have a nice day?
- Do I need to let go of anything today?
- What can I do today to become better?
- How aligned am I living right now?
Questions You Should Consider Asking at Your Next Reading
As we just mentioned, it’s crucial to pose thoughtful questions during your tarot readings. Identifying what you want to know is the first step in determining what questions to ask. Do you wish to discover your life’s purpose? Do you wish to resolve issues in your romantic life? Do you wish to discover the cause of a prior experience? Once you’ve done that, you may choose what inquiries to make in order to elicit the finest responses. After that, you can utilize these responses to determine what actions to take next.
Here are some thoughtful inquiries to make at your upcoming tarot session. In order for you to see what are good questions to ask for each of them, we will divide them into parts depending on specific topics.
Ask the following questions to get information about your romantic life:
- What can I do to better my chances of finding my soul mate?
- How do I know when I’ve found the one?
- Which of my personality traits is most likely to draw love, out of all the others?
- What can I do to make my bond with the person I love stronger?
- What obstacles must I face if I want to find real love?
- Is my heart hard and cold? If so, how do I get it to open?
- What toxicity do I introduce into our relationship?
- What assets do I bring to our partnership?
- What can I do to improve my relationship’s communication?
- Why did my previous relationships end?
- Why do I draw emotionally distant people to me?
- How can I move past my ex?
- How can I tell if, when it comes to love, my instincts are reliable?
- How can I find the ideal mate for me?
- How can we support one another while we develop our relationship?
- What worries do I have about what might occur if I get married?
- How are my attitudes toward love restricting me?
- What do I need to improve before I start dating again?
- How do I reopen my heart after a broken heart?
- How can I end my current partnership?
This section is for you if you want to answer tarot questions concerning your career.
- Where will I be in ten years?
- What is preventing me right now from achieving my full professional potential?
- How can I aid my career progress?
- What are my career-related strong points?
- What are some of my professional weaknesses?
- Which abilities should I employ to boost my career?
- Why do I love what I do for a living?
- Why is it that I don’t like my career?
- How can I balance my personal life with my career?
- Which career-related beliefs did I inherit?
- What can I do to remedy a client problem?
- What can I do to make things better between my employer and coworkers?
- What should I focus on to gain more independence?
- Did my opinions about a career affect how I made decisions? How, if so?
- What kind of employment should I be seeking?
- How did my parents’ expectations for my job influence my choices?
- Should I put more money into myself? How, if so?
- How do I locate the ideal position for me?
- What profession should I never pursue again?
- How will I be able to tell if my job is the correct one for me?
- What can I do to socialize more?
- How can I make my friendships stronger?
- How can I ensure that my friendships last a lifetime?
- What characteristics need to I look for in friends?
- What traits of mine make for long-lasting friendships?
- How can I get out of a poisonous friendship?
- How can I tell whether my friendship is unhealthy?
- How does my friend perceive me?
- What does my friend think of me?
- What does the future hold for my friend and I?
- How can I make friends more easily?
- Why do my friends behave in this manner?
- What can I do to help my friend?
- What can I do to improve my friendships?
- What characteristics of mine make my friendships toxic?
- What traits of mine improve the quality of my friendships?
- How do I mend damaged friendships?
- What about my buddies do I take for granted?
- What about me do my friends take for granted?
- What is giving my friend worry right now?
Asking the tarot cards the following questions will help you learn how to enhance your health:
- What can I be doing to enhance my wellbeing and health?
- How can I boost the amount of energy I have?
- What prevents me from having the healthiest possible body?
- What can I do to better manage a health problem?
- How can I try to avoid major health problems?
- What lifestyle adjustments should I make now?
- Why is my present strategy for health and wellness flawed?
- What current concerns about my health am I ignoring?
- What can I do to help my body recover from significant health issues?
Here are some helpful questions to ask if you’re looking to improve yourself!
- How can I learn to appreciate who I am?
- What can I do to regain my happiness?
- How am I getting in my own way of happiness?
- What do I fear the most?
- What in my life has this fear kept me from doing?
- How does my fear benefit me?
- What do I think of myself?
- How can I increase my self-confidence?
- How do I overcome my fears?
- Who am I truly trying to become?
- How can I boost my confidence?
- Who among my pals supports me the most?
- How can I better care for myself?
- How can I stop putting off taking care of myself?
- What misconceptions about myself do I have?
- What mistakes from the past should I be thinking about?
- What should I have known after making these errors?
- What actions should I be taking to better myself?
- Is there anything about myself that I won’t admit? What is it if so?
- How do I accept this knowledge about who I am?
- How can I improve my ability to take the bad news?
- What can I do to help myself better control their emotions?
- What can I do to improve my relationship with my sister or brother?
- How can I improve myself as a daughter or son?
- What can I do to improve my parenting skills?
- What about me do my family members take for granted?
- What aspects of my family do I take for granted?
- What in our relationship would my parents wish to change?
- What about our connection would my siblings like to see changed?
- What resentments from the past are influencing how I interact with my family members?
- What information do I need to know about a scenario involving a loved one?
- How can I support my family?
We hope that this list will help you get ready for your upcoming tarot card reading. Keep in mind to avoid focusing on yes-or-no questions. Keep your queries focused on assisting you in determining what to do next.
How should a tarot reading query be phrased?
You need to know how to construct your questions for your Tarot card reading if you want the cards to respond to them accurately and appropriately.
- Will I or won’t I be hired?
- Is the promotion mine?
- Does he even want to ask me out?
- When will we be married?
How can you pose a tarot query for love?
If you’re looking for information regarding your love life, a tarot card reading can be entertaining and illuminating. If you’re looking for some direction in the difficult and erratic process of finding love, perhaps it’s time to consult the cards.
It’s crucial to understand the proper procedure for posing queries about love to the tarot cards. The best place to start is by asking open-ended questions. If you begin your query with Why, Where, Which, What, or How, you’ll probably have an open-ended response right away.
Asking open-ended questions will enable you to receive a more insightful and practical card reading. Most people also suggest against using the yes/no question type of inquiry. Tarot is not intended to provide such precise answers. Instead, you want practical knowledge and spiritual direction that will actually enable you to take command of your life.
When given the chance, many people inquire about their romantic relationships with the cards. It’s a popular reading to get, and in addition to obtaining some insight into where your romantic relationship is going, you might also get some guidance on how to move forward. To get you started, consider the following queries.
What parts of myself do I need to work on in order to have a balanced relationship?
It’s a cliched piece of love advice. You must first love yourself in order to love another person. Sometimes we need to work on a small amount of self-improvement before we are ready for love, but that may be a difficult process in and of itself. It can be challenging to know where to start. The cards might be able to point out the aspects of you that want some tender loving care in order to be prepared for a balanced, healthy relationship.
What is the reason that I am blocking myself from new love entering my life?
Sometimes you think you’ve found the right person, but there’s still something lacking. This can be a result of your inner self blocking new love from entering. Why do we do this, then? There isn’t a simple solution, and it differs for everyone. However, if you consult the cards, they might be able to shed some light on why you’re so reluctant to open the door.
What is the most important lesson I need to learn from my break-up?
The majority of us have had a breakup. We are also aware of their potential mess. When you split up with someone, it may seem like the only thing you’ve learnt is how much you loved them and how sad you are that they’re no longer in your life. But every relationship can teach us somethinggood or badand the cards can be useful if you’re having problems figuring out what that lesson is.
What would be a good type of date to go on with my crush?
One of the most difficult aspects of dating is deciding what to do on a first date. There are a lot of choices. minigolf, a stroll across the park, or the traditional dinner and movie. However, there might be a particular kind of date that would be advantageous for both you and your prospective spouse in ways that only the cards might reveal.
What are my strengths when it comes to relationships?
As humans, it can be simple to focus on our flaws and engage in self-criticism. But recognizing what you offer to the table is a crucial component of being a good partner. Perhaps you have excellent communication skills or are sensitive to your partner’s feelings. It can be quite beneficial to your love life to recognize this strength so that you can use it as a reminder to yourself when you doubt your abilities.
What does the universe want me to know about my love life?
Asking more general questions might occasionally be beneficial because you can receive responses you weren’t looking for. The cards might assist you determine if there is something specific that the universe wants you to know about your romantic life.
What is next for my love life?
When given the chance, I believe we would all like to pose this question. It might be alluring to anticipate what lies ahead and how much longer you will have to wait, whether you recently ended a relationship or have been single for a while and are ready for love. The cards will undoubtedly assist you if they can provide an answer to this query.
What new activities/hobbies might lead me to my next love interest?
Taking up new hobbies can be beneficial for many reasons, but one of them may be that you’ll possibly meet someone new. Maybe the cards might give you some guidance on what to attempt that might make you fall in love if you’re feeling like you want to try something new, like a cooking or painting class.
Why do I keep holding onto this relationship/crush?
Whether we are in a committed relationship or just have a crush on someone, it can be very difficult to let go of our love interests. No matter how much you might want to, if you’re having trouble letting go, it might be time to consult your cards for some guidance. The solution should enable you to comprehend why you’re clinging on so tightly and what you can do to start letting go.
What type of personality should I avoid in love and relationships?
You won’t get along with everyoneif you did, falling in love would be much simpler. However, if you discover that incompatibility is a reoccurring issue in your romantic relationships, there may be a certain personality type you need to steer clear of. To spare yourself some time in the future, ask the cards for advice on the personality types you should steer clear of.
Where is this relationship headed?
Asking the cards may be a little less intimidating than asking your partner this question, which most people fear doing. Getting some sound advice for the future is always appreciated, whether you’re having trouble deciding if the relationship is intended to last or you badly want it to.
What are the blockages in my relationship?
Every couple experiences times of strain and uncertainty since relationships aren’t meant to be simple all the time. But if you think the relationship is intended to stay and you don’t want to give up, it might be time to put some effort into it and identify any obstacles that are keeping your connection from thriving.
How can I become more confident about finding love?
Finding love and going on dates might be terrifying. You can find yourself ghosting someone because you’re worried they don’t like you or canceling dates because you’re too frightened. The cards might be able to assist you in bringing out a little bit of confidence to give you the push you need to move forward.
How can I better support my partner?
Relationships are a two-way street, and many of us know how it feels when your partner isnt supporting you in the way they should be. It’s crucial to be aware of this, and you should consult the cards if you feel that you haven’t been helping your spouse adequately or in the appropriate ways.
How can I attract my destined person?
Although you can’t make love appear out of thin air, you may make an effort to attract the person you were intended to be with. If there is anything particular you should be doing to attract your person, let the cards tell you. There are many techniques for various people to attract love.
Since love is one of the forces that shape the world, tarot card readings frequently center on it. With so many questions to ask and so much material to learn, tarot might be intimidating at first. You can build on these 15 questions as you go along, but these will be a fantastic place to start.
It’s best to put your own needs first in order to get the most out of a tarot card reading. Always keep the purpose of your questioning in mind, and have an open mind. The purpose of tarot cards is to foretell the future. Additionally, it’s acceptable if the cards reveal information that you don’t want to hearjust take or leave what feels right.