First, examine a card. No interpretations or assumptions about how the card relates to a question. Just give it a thorough examination.
Breathe deeply a few times, put everything else out of your mind, and then focus on the card. Simply let any additional thoughts pass you by if they arise.
What strikes you as the scene’s first impression? (Noting this might be beneficial.) Consider what stands out to you and what it might indicate. What or who does it bring to mind? What do you believe the scene’s narrative is? Be mindful of your emotional responses; processing them can help you better grasp what the card is attempting to convey.
After spending some time physically examining the card, read up its meaning in the deck’s accompanying booklet. Does this match what you perceived when meditating on the card? Anything unexpected? Put everything together by looking at the card once again while keeping the meaning in mind.
You can now begin reading for questions. Basically, you want to read the cards using the same technique, but first ask a question about each card. Then, as you contemplate the piece of art, consider how it relates to your question. Anything that you can identify?
Familiarize yourself with the traditional meanings
During intuitive tarot readings, your intuition will direct you in conveying messages, but Rose thinks it’s still beneficial to comprehend the conventional meaning of each card. She advises developing a regular tarot reading ritual where you ask your trusted tarot deck questions about your life and keep a journal of the readings you do for yourself to explore the meanings of the cards. According to Rose, intuition can come through more clearly the more you connect with yourself and your deck.
How does the Tarot make use of intuition?
In order to hear and feel your intuition guide you through the reading, it is crucial to practice being still. I always advise taking a few minutes to hold the deck in your hands and breathe deliberately. Pay attention to your breathing and give thanks to the cards for providing you with direction. Feel your energy grounding and check that your feet are securely planted on the ground. It is really beneficial to imagine growing roots from your feet into Mother Earth.
What constitutes a proper tarot reading?
Tarot readings typically proceed in the following manner after that:
- You must first pose a query to the card deck. It ought to be unambiguous and open-ended.
- It’s time to shuffle once you have the question in your head.
- Draw a card (s).
- Lay your chosen card or cards in your spread face down after making your selection.
How can I become a better tarot reader?
You’ll discover as you study more about tarot that each author has a unique interpretation of what each card symbolizes. The majority of specialists will agree on a small number of keywords for each card, but beyond that, there will be a great deal of conflicting information. Additionally, each card will have a distinct meaning based on where and whether it appears in your spread upright or reversed.
That could be a challenge if you value clarity over ambiguity, but consider the tarot a chance to practice accepting uncertainty and building trust in your own intuition. Consider the keywords as boundaries for the meaning of each card, and then start paying closer attention to each name and image to determine what speaks to you individually.
Choosing one card to focus on each day and reflecting on its meaning is one approach to do this. Keep a journal where you can record your personal reflections on each card as well as the conventional interpretations of each.
Who can read tarot cards?
These cards are just bits of paper in the end, says actress and reader Rachel True. She claims that the tarot cards’ ability to assist you in discovering your own personal power is what gives them their charm, beauty, and strength.
Infuse the cards with your energy
Pichinson advises first imbuing your oracle cards with your energy by playing with them or even carrying them around with you in order to develop a deep bond with them. She claims that your cards will work for and with you more the more you use and interact with them.
What should you do initially while using a Tarot deck?
What to Do First:
- Get out your tarot deck.
- The cards are in your hand.
- “Knock or tap the pile of cards numerous times while holding them in your palm to disseminate your energy throughout the deck.
- Shuffle the cards completely.
- The cards are divided into three heaps, which are subsequently reassembled into one pile.
How can I interpret tarot cards on my own?
I discovered early on in my tarot excursions that knowing the meanings of each card isn’t necessary, even if there is much value and wisdom to be gained from them. Your intuition holds the key to learning how to interpret tarot cards. And this makes sense given that they are instruments for receiving and deciphering messages from the universe or our inner selves. Get the best advice from readers below to learn how to read tarot cards for yourself instinctively and without memorization.
After a breakup
Draw one card for each of the following inquiries if you’ve recently broken up with someone and want to know more about the reason or determine whether you’ll get back together:
- How energetic is the partnership right now?
- What caused the divide in the first place?
- What do they really think of me right now?
- What do they intend for me right now?
- What kind of relationship will this be in the future?
- Which action is ideal for me to take right now?
When job searching
You can use this spread to explore what kind of career guidance the tarot can offer if you’re feeling uncertain about your career path or thinking about a new employment. Draw one card once more for each query.
- How active am I in my career right now?
- What challenge must I overcome?
- What is my calling in life?
- How can I follow this calling more closely?
- What should I do to prepare for the upcoming month?
When deciding between two options
This spread can highlight the benefits and drawbacks of each option, guiding you toward the best decision if you’re using tarot to pick between two possibilities (two job offers, two apartments, perhaps a love triangle???). Getting the deal Per card, ask one question.
- What is the fundamental cause of this fork in the road?
- What is the likely result of choosing option A?
- What is the most likely result for option B?
- What more should I take into account that was overlooked?
- What’s the best thing I can do right now?
When something is off with a friend
If you’re concerned about the state of a friendship or feel like something is wrong but are unable to pinpoint the cause, you might be interested in seeing what conclusions and solutions this spread offers. Ask one question per card, once more, I repeat.
- What makes this friendship so crucial?
- What led to this sudden change in tone, and why?
- What has changed, in my friend’s opinion?
- What can I do to make this matter more urgent?
- What is the future of this friendship?
- What should I do at this moment?