The propagation of “CELTIC CROSS”
How many different kinds of tarot exist?
The Renaissance allegorical motifs are abandoned in the pictures of the French-suited tarot trumps, which significantly deviate from the earlier Italian-suited design. French-suited tarot cards are almost exclusively used for card games, with the exception of novelty decks. Around 1740, the first French-suited tarots appeared. These cards were known as “Tiertarock” because they featured animal pictures on the trumps. Around 1800, a wider range of decksmany with genre art or vedutabegan to appear. There are now four patterns for French-suited tarot decks:
- Industrial and Gothic Roman numerals are used for the trumps in the Central European genre art tarock deck known as Industrie und Glck (“Diligence and Fortune”). The red suits 5 to 10 and the black suits 1 to 6 are not included in the set of 54 cards that are sold with it. There are 3 patterns: Types A, B, and C, with Type C being the norm while Types B and C are only offered sometimes or as specials.
- A 78-card deck of Tarot Nouveau, often known as Tarot Bourgeois, is available. In France and Denmark, it is frequently used for Danish Tarok and Tarot games. Cego is occasionally played in Germany as well. Arabic numerals in the corner indices are not as important as the genre art.
- Use of the Adler-Cegothis animal tarot is widespread in the Upper Rhine Valley and nearby mountainous areas like the Black Forest and the Vosges. It features 54 cards that are arranged similarly to how the Industrie und Glck packs are arranged. Arabic numbers are used in its trumps, but only within centered indices.
- The Schmid-Cego pack, designed by F.X. Schmid, features Tarot Nouveau-style genre pictures, but the Arabic numerals are centered like in the Adler-Cego pack.
What categories are there in tarot cards?
Wands, batons, or rods are used for clubs; cups are used for hearts; swords are used for spades; and coins, pentacles, or disks are used for playing cards (diamonds). Four court cards are in each suit. 10 numbered cards, a king, queen, knight, and jack, as well as The value sequence in each suit is from aces to ten, followed by jacks, knights, queens, and kings (though the ace is sometimes assigned a high value, as in modern playing cards).
What are the tarot reading fundamentals?
If you find this daunting, Howe advises you to take a deep breath and believe in your own initiative. “In order to see it less as “This holds all of these secret meanings that I have to do all this work to access” and more as “I know all the meanings; it’s just a matter of establishing the connections and being able to articulate them,” use language or knowledge that you already possess. She points out that the four elementsearth, water, fire, and airplay a significant role in the tarot, which is advantageous because the majority of people already have an understanding of the meanings of each element. ” If you do that, your viewpoint will be more personal, and you will be able to express yourself more freely.
Howe suggests the three-card draw and the Celtic Cross as the two fundamental spreads for beginning readers. In the former, three cards are chosen at random from the deck to symbolize the subject’s mind, body, and spirit, or past, present, and future. According to Howe, you could even up the stakes and use a six-card draw, with one card for each location.
Can I read tarot cards on my own?
It’s normal to be a little clumsy when you first start practicing the tarot. Tarot study is similar to learning a new languageit takes time to become proficient. But what happens if you no longer require the booklet and have intimate familiarity with the deck? Are you able to read yourself? No, except for a few rare instances. Simply put, it’s a horrible idea.
You see, the majority of us turn to astrology or tarot when we’re looking for clarity amid a period of ambiguity. In contrast to astrology, which is quite technical, our consciousness restricts our capacity to read tarot cards. Working with your personal interpretation of the cards, you are not constrained by short- and long-term cycles like the planets’ orbits. It might be tricky to go beyond your current circumstances while utilizing the tarot to better understand a trying scenario. Even if all the cards are spread out in front of you, putting them together requires such a broad perspective that it is all but impossible to fully understand the meaning of each card. Basically, any biases you already have will always be reflected in your tarot reading!
What kind of tarot deck should I use, and does it matter?
It’s a journey that is ultimately personal. According to psychic medium Michael Cardenas, there is “no one correct deck” to begin with. “Each person will have a different deck to bond with. Find the one who will actually speak to you.”
Can you read the tarot with just the major arcana?
Any Tarot spread, as long as it has fewer than 22 cards, can use the Major Arcana. My advice is to reserve these potent cards for Tarot readings that will have a significant impact on your life.
The Major Arcana cards are known to be connected to universal forces that are present in our lives and frequently represent the most profound lessons in life that we must experience before we can change for the better and go on to the next phase of our lives. We are also aware that certain facets of our psychological and spiritual selves are represented by the Major Arcana cards. This means that we must take these factors into consideration when selecting a Tarot spread that is suitable for the Major Arcana.
For the following kinds of Tarot spreads, think about using the Major Arcana cards:
- Tarot readings with a spiritual or psychological theme
- Personal development and change readings with tarot cards, like the Sacred Mandala
- Annual projected values
For queries that are extremely important, you might also want to consult the Major Arcana. The Major Arcana cards, for instance, may be suitable for a straightforward Past/Present/Future spread if the query is, “What lessons in life do I still need to learn? or “What should I understand about myself? Look for inquiries that touch on universal or enduring impacts.
How can I begin studying tarot cards?
The first step is to understand the meaning of the cards. The next step is to engage them in conversation. The only way to learn, in Tea’s opinion, is to perform readings for otherswhether they be real people or fictitious ones. “According to Tea, the art of tarot reading involves linking the cards and developing a greater intuitive grasp of how they might interact with one another in a spread.
Tarot reading is compared by Ferguson to speaking a language. “A certain number of classes are allowed. Ferguson advises that the only way to become proficient is to dive right in and that you should let them know you are a beginner if you are reading for them.
Ironically, giving yourself a reading might occasionally be even trickier than giving someone else a reading. “Being objective is difficult, according to Potter. “Be open-minded to whatever comes through before doing a reading for yourself.
How should my tarot deck be cleaned?
While rearranging the cards in the tarot deck is a good approach to purify and clear their energy, there are some circumstances in which you might wish to perform a more specialized ritual. If you’re just getting started with tarot, cleaning your deck can be an excellent place to start.
You might want to clean your tarot deck for a variety of reasons, including:
- beginning with a fresh deck
- readings for other people
- You think you need to recharge.
- Your card readings seem a touch “odd” or “disconnected”
- Your deck hasn’t been used recently.
- Your deck has been handled by others
- You think you’ve been utilizing your deck a lot. A LOT, especially for books with strong emotional content
Why should you cleanse or clear your tarot deck?
Tarot deck cleansing helps keep the energy flowing between you and your deck. Consider it as a little spiritual hygiene to maintain a strong and clear connection. It’s not necessary, but if you have any of the aforementioned symptoms, try a few of the energetic cleansing techniques listed below and note which ones seem to work the best for you.
How often should you cleanse your tarot deck?
This is another way of stating USE YOUR INTUITION: there are no hard and fast laws. Don’t stress if you don’t believe it is necessary for your deck. Alternately, if you like to cleanse them once per week or once per month, that’s great. If it feels appropriate to you, you can even place your favorite crystal on the balcony each night.
If you frequently place crystals on your deck and store it on an altar while not in use, you might not feel the need to cleanse it frequently because this quick ritual will likely be sufficient to keep your deck feeling nice.
There are numerous ways to cleanse your cards, just as there are numerous reasons why you might desire to do so.
Different ways to cleanse your tarot deck
Use holy smoke. Light a dried rosemary, lavender, cedar, sage, or palo santo cleansing wand until it begins to smoke. Hold the smoke a safe distance below the deck while holding the burning herbs in one hand and the deck in the other so that the smoke drifts upward onto the cards. Turn the deck so that the smoke covers it from all angles. Next, safely put your deck to the ground and put out the fire.
On the deck, set a selenite stone (or a black tourmaline or a transparent quartz). It works well to leave it like way for an hour, but I prefer to leave it overnight.
Set them on display during a new moon. The New Moon is energy of a blank slate; you can purify the deck by setting it on a window sill on a new moon night. At this moment, you can also make a brand-new intention for your deck.
Place the cards in a salty dish. A strong and stabilizing cleaner is salt. My preferred choice for a thorough cleansing is this. Allow it to sit anywhere from one to eight hours in a dry area.
Unorderly shuffle. Spread the cards out on the ground, then shuffle them around like a child playing in dirt. This method’s freedom and randomization serve as an excellent reset.
the shuffle and sort. Set up the deck in rows of seven cards across, commencing with the Major Arcana numbers 0 to 22. (see photo above). Next, arrange the cards, Ace through King, one for each suit, as follows: Swords, Pentacles, Cups, and Wands. View the deck in this configuration, then mix everything up (like the chaotic!) and shuffle it thoroughly.
After a breakup
Draw one card for each of the following inquiries if you’ve recently broken up with someone and want to know more about the reason or determine whether you’ll get back together:
- How energetic is the partnership right now?
- What caused the divide in the first place?
- What do they really think of me right now?
- What do they intend for me right now?
- What kind of relationship will this be in the future?
- Which action is ideal for me to take right now?
When job searching
You can use this spread to explore what kind of career guidance the tarot can offer if you’re feeling uncertain about your career path or thinking about a new employment. Draw one card once more for each query.
- How active am I in my career right now?
- What challenge must I overcome?
- What is my calling in life?
- How can I follow this calling more closely?
- What should I do to prepare for the upcoming month?
When deciding between two options
This spread can highlight the benefits and drawbacks of each option, guiding you toward the best decision if you’re using tarot to pick between two possibilities (two job offers, two apartments, perhaps a love triangle???). Getting the deal Per card, ask one question.
- What is the fundamental cause of this fork in the road?
- What is the likely result of choosing option A?
- What is the most likely result for option B?
- What more should I take into account that was overlooked?
- What’s the best thing I can do right now?
When something is off with a friend
If you’re concerned about the state of a friendship or feel like something is wrong but are unable to pinpoint the cause, you might be interested in seeing what conclusions and solutions this spread offers. Ask one question per card, once more, I repeat.
- What makes this friendship so crucial?
- What led to this sudden change in tone, and why?
- What has changed, in my friend’s opinion?
- What can I do to make this matter more urgent?
- What is the future of this friendship?
- What should I do at this moment?
What should you do initially while using a tarot deck?
What to Do First:
- Get out your tarot deck.
- The cards are in your hand.
- “Knock or tap the pile of cards numerous times while holding them in your palm to disseminate your energy throughout the deck.
- Shuffle the cards completely.
- The cards are divided into three heaps, which are subsequently reassembled into one pile.