According to Western astrology, there are 12 zodiac signs (meaning “signs of the zodiac”) “There are 13 constellations that the Sun travels through each year, not just a circle of animals:
Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Ophiuchus, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces.
Unfortunately, astrologers’ dates given to star signs are incorrect, in addition to neglecting Ophiuchus. Here’s what astrology claims happens in the night sky, based on its line-of-sight theory “Insights into people’s moods and fortunes:
In This Article...
The Sun’s position in the sky according to astrology (wrong)
Here’s where and when astrologers pretend the Sun is in the sky, dictating what the majority of people believe their birth star sign is:
- December 22nd to January 19th is Capricorn’s sign.
- January 20-February 18 is the sign of Aquarius.
- February 19March 20: Pisces
- Aries (March 21April 19) is the first sign of the zodiac.
- Taurus (April 20May 20) is the zodiac sign of Taurus.
- May 21June 20: Gemini
- Cancer is on the 21st of June and 22nd of July.
- Leo (July 23August 22) is the sign of the lion.
- August 23September 22: Virgo
- September 23October 22: Libra
- Scorpio: 23rd October 21st November
- November 22December 21: Sagittarius
The Sun’s actual position in the sky (correct)
This is when the Sun is in the constellations, hence your true “star sign,” with some astrological overlap and plenty of surprises:
- January 20February 16: Capricorn
- Aquarius: February 16th through March 11th
- Pisces (March 11April 18) is a water sign.
- April 18May 13: Aries
- May 13June 21: Taurus
- June 21July 20: Gemini
- July 20August 10 (Cancer) (21 days)
- August 10September 16 is the sign of Leo.
- September 16October 30 (45 days!) Virgo
- 30th of October 23rd of November
- Scorpio: November 23November 29 (just a week!) Scorpio: November 23November 29 (just a week!) Scorpio: November 23
- Ophiuchus (not an astrological sign of the zodiac, but very real!): November 29December 17 (not an astrological sign of the zodiac, but very real!)
- December 17th January 20th, Sagittarius
Because the Sun isn’t in the sign of the zodiac when astrology says it is, your horoscope is probably incorrect. Of course, none of this matters, but knowing why will help you have a better knowledge of the globe you live on.
What are the dates for the 12 zodiac signs?
- Aries is the first sign of the zodiac (March 21April 19)
- Taurus is the sign of the bull (April 20May 20)
- Gemini is a sign of the zodiac (May 21June 20)
- Cancer is a disease that affects people (June 21July 22)
- Leo is a sign of the zodiac (July 23August 22)
- Virgo is the sign of the Virgin (August 23September 22)
- Libra is a sign of the zodia (September 23October 22)
- Scorpio is a zodiac sign that (October 23November 21)
- Sagittarius is the sign of the eagle (November 22December 21)
- Capricorn is a sign in the zodiac that (December 22January 19)
- Aquarius is the sign of the water bearer (January 20February 18)
- Pisces is a water sign (February 19March 20)
Is Ophiuchus an uncommon species?
Aries is the second rarest zodiac sign, followed by Sagittarius, both of which are fire signs, according to Stardust.
According to Stardust, the first sign of the zodiac is Aries, which has a spark of creativity that “gets everyone going and moving.” According to Stardust, Sagittarius, the third rarest zodiac sign, “falls during the autumn season and are renowned to be adventurous and free-spirited.”
What are the correct zodiac sign dates for 2021?
To discover out, take this quiz.
- March 21April 19: Aries (Ram).
- Taurus (Bull) is in the sign of Taurus from April 20 to May 20.
- May 21-June 21: Gemini (Twins).
- June 22July 22. Cancer (Crab): June 22July 22.
- July 23August 22: Leo (Lion).
- August 23September 22: Virgo (Virgin).
- September 23October 23: Libra (Balance).
- Scorpius (Scorpion) is born on October 24th and dies on November 21st.
What is the correct pronunciation of Ophiuchus?
Ophiuchus is pronounced /fijuks/ in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). Ophiuchus is pronounced “oh-FEW-kuss” in simple old English.
June is what zodiac sign?
Cancer is the fourth zodiac sign, which the sun enters around June 21 in the Northern Hemisphere during the summer solstice. Cancer is the sign of those who were born between June 21 and July 22 (depending on the year). Individuals born on these dates may be referred to as “Cancerians” depending on the astrological system they follow. Cancer is a northern sign, and Capricorn is its polar opposite. Cancer is regarded as a cardinal sign.
Water is the element connected with Cancer, and it forms the water trigon with Scorpio and Pisces. The water trigon is one of the zodiac’s four elemental trigons, the others being fire, earth, and air. When a trigon is powerful, it is considered to have an impact on the planet. Cancer is supposed to be the house of Neptune and Jupiter’s exaltation, both astrological bodies that have influence over persons born under this sign. The Moon is its ruling planet.
April is what zodiac sign?
In terms of astrology, Aries (represented by the ram) or Taurus (represented by the bull) will be the zodiac sign of babies born in April. Taurus people are regarded to be dependable, sensible, and have a taste for the finer things in life, whereas Aries people are fiery, passionate go-getters.
What are the signs that I’m an Ophiuchus?
These indicators, on the other hand, are not well calibrated. Using a celestial planisphere, we can observe that the Sun is in one of the lesser-known constellations, Ophiuchus, the serpent bearer or snake charmer, between November 30 and December 18. Those born between these dates are obligated to be born under the zodiac sign of Ophiuchus.
If we continue to observe the link between the location of the Sun and the background of stars, we will notice that very little corresponds to the horoscope-based calendar of signs:
TABLE: Actual zodiac signs, as defined by the International Astronomical Union’s (IAU) constellation boundaries established in 1930.
Why does Ophiuchus not appear in the horoscope as a zodiac constellation? Why aren’t the dates the same? The reason for this is that when the horoscope was created 2,500 years ago in ancient Babylon, the Sun crossed over each of the zodiac constellations on different dates than it does today, around four weeks sooner.
According to modern scientists, the Sun enters Aries on April 19 every year like clockwork. The Sun, however, is like a clock that lags about a quarter of an hour each year due to the Earth’s axial precession. Over many years, the delay has grown to the point where the Sun now enters Aries almost a month after the Babylonians recorded the date and the horoscopes predict.
Theoretically, each person’s horoscope correlates to the sign that comes before the one that their present horoscope denotes. This, however, is not the case. The Sun only spends a week crossing Scorpio, and a month and a half in Virgo; these passage times are the same now as they were 2,500 years ago, and differ greatly from the Babylonian astrologers’ arbitrary division of one month for each sign of the horoscope, which omitted Ophiuchus in favor of a rounder number of 12 signs, as in the 12-month calendar.
Babylonian astrologers were able to determine when summer would arrive and when the best time to harvest would be by using that calendar. The social authority this gave them prompted them to broaden their forecasts to include things like the outcome of a fight or an individual’s characteristics based on their zodiac sign.
What are the three zodiac signs that are extremely rare?
Some may consider this sign to be the rarest because it is rarely utilized, but when most people ask which signs are the most and least common, they truly mean within the range of the 12 zodiac signs we are most familiar with.
Despite the fact that Aquarius is the least common zodiac sign, there are many renowned Aquarians.
Shakira, Corazon Aquino, Toni Morrison, Laura Dern, and more… Alicia Keys, Paul Newman, Jackie Robinson, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Galileo Galilei, Shakira, Corazon Aquino, Toni Morrison, Laura Dern, and more…