According to Western astrology, there are 12 zodiac signs (meaning “signs of the zodiac”) “There are 13 constellations that the Sun travels through each year, not just a circle of animals:
Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Ophiuchus, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces.
Unfortunately, astrologers’ dates given to star signs are incorrect, in addition to neglecting Ophiuchus. Here’s what astrology claims happens in the night sky, based on its line-of-sight theory “Insights into people’s moods and fortunes:
The Sun’s position in the sky according to astrology (wrong)
Here’s where and when astrologers pretend the Sun is in the sky, dictating what the majority of people believe their birth star sign is:
- December 22nd to January 19th is Capricorn’s sign.
- January 20-February 18 is the sign of Aquarius.
- February 19March 20: Pisces
- Aries (March 21April 19) is the first sign of the zodiac.
- Taurus (April 20May 20) is the zodiac sign of Taurus.
- May 21June 20: Gemini
- Cancer is on the 21st of June and 22nd of July.
- Leo (July 23August 22) is the sign of the lion.
- August 23September 22: Virgo
- September 23October 22: Libra
- Scorpio: 23rd October 21st November
- November 22December 21: Sagittarius
The Sun’s actual position in the sky (correct)
This is when the Sun is in the constellations, hence your true “star sign,” with some astrological overlap and plenty of surprises:
- January 20February 16: Capricorn
- Aquarius: February 16th through March 11th
- Pisces (March 11April 18) is a water sign.
- April 18May 13: Aries
- May 13June 21: Taurus
- June 21July 20: Gemini
- July 20August 10 (Cancer) (21 days)
- August 10September 16 is the sign of Leo.
- September 16October 30 (45 days!) Virgo
- 30th of October 23rd of November
- Scorpio: November 23November 29 (just a week!) Scorpio: November 23November 29 (just a week!) Scorpio: November 23
- Ophiuchus (not an astrological sign of the zodiac, but very real!): November 29December 17 (not an astrological sign of the zodiac, but very real!)
- December 17th January 20th, Sagittarius
Because the Sun isn’t in the sign of the zodiac when astrology says it is, your horoscope is probably incorrect. Of course, none of this matters, but knowing why will help you have a better knowledge of the globe you live on.
What are the correct zodiac sign dates for 2021?
You’ll be shown one of the signs in this quiz, and you’ll have to match the dates to it.
- March 21April 19: Aries (Ram).
- Taurus (Bull) is in the sign of Taurus from April 20 to May 20.
- May 21-June 21: Gemini (Twins).
- June 22July 22. Cancer (Crab): June 22July 22.
- July 23August 22: Leo (Lion).
- August 23September 22: Virgo (Virgin).
What are the best zodiac sign dates?
- Aries is the first sign of the zodiac (March 21April 19)
- Taurus is the sign of the bull (April 20May 20)
- Gemini is a sign of the zodiac (May 21June 20)
- Cancer is a disease that affects people (June 21July 22)
- Leo is a sign of the zodiac (July 23August 22)
- Virgo is the sign of the Virgin (August 23September 22)
- Libra is a sign of the zodia (September 23October 22)
- Scorpio is a zodiac sign that (October 23November 21)
- Sagittarius is the sign of the eagle (November 22December 21)
- Capricorn is a sign in the zodiac that (December 22January 19)
- Aquarius is the sign of the water bearer (January 20February 18)
- Pisces is a water sign (February 19March 20)
Is it possible for a person to have two zodiac signs?
If you’re into astrology, you’ve definitely heard of the term “cusp birth,” which refers to a birthdate that falls on the border between two sun signs’ date ranges. What does it mean to be born on the cusp of two zodiac signs, though? Some people who were born on the beginning or last day of a zodiac sign’s season claim to be a mix of the two, but is this actually true?
Finally, when it comes to astrology’s cusp signs, here’s the verdict: they don’t exist. The concept of “cusp signs” is a common astrological myth. Because the sun can’t be in two places at once, a planet can only be in one place in the zodiac at a time, you can only have one solar sign. Please accept my apologies for bursting any cusp-claimers’ bubbles! However, if you were born on the “cusp” of two zodiac signs, there are a few things to consider, as this placement can make things a little more tricky.
Are the zodiac signs a month off?
Because of a wobble in the earth’s axis, many of us may not be the Leos or Geminis we thought we were. All of the zodiac signs are inaccurate by nearly a month, according to a story in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The position of the sun in relation to specific constellations on the day you were born determines your astrological sign. The astrological placements, on the other hand, were calculated around 2,000 years ago.
Parke Kunkle, an astronomy professor at Minnesota Community and Technical College and a board member of the Minnesota Planetarium Society, told the Star-Tribune that the moon’s gravitational influence has caused the Earth to “wobble” around its axis in the years since those estimates were performed.
It’s called “precession,” and it’s a well-known phenomena. Our perspective of the stars changes by one degree every 70 years because to this “wobble.” The difference is so slight that it goes unnoticed, yet after 2,000 years, it adds up.
While it’s all a bit convoluted, the main line is that there’s been a one-month shift in the stars’ alignment. And as a result, astrology has become a disaster.
“When people claim the sun is in Pisces, it’s not in Pisces,” Parke Kunkle of the Minnesota Planetarium Society told the newspaper.
According to Kunkle, Ophiuchus, the 13th sign, should exist. The Babylonians who created the zodiac apparently went over Ophiuchus because they only wanted 12 signs. Now that the Earth has turned, the true signs of the zodiac appear to be as follows:
- Jan. 20-Feb. 16: Capricorn
- February 16th through March 11th is the sign of Aquarius.
- Pisces (March 11April 18) is a water sign.
- April 18th to May 13th is the sign of Aries.
- Taurus (May 13June 21) is a fixed sign.
- June 21-July 20: Gemini
- Cancer: July 20th through August 10th
- Leo: August 10September 16
- Virgo: September 16th through October 30th
- Oct. 30Nov. 22: Libra
- 23-29 November: Scorpio
- Nov. 29-Dec. 17: Ophiuchus
- Sagittarius: December 17th to January 20th
Here’s what you need to know if you were born under the signs of Scorpio or Sagittarius and now find yourself under the sign of Ophiuchus. The sign is based on the same-named constellation, which is claimed to depict Asclepius, son of Apollo, holding two snakes.
Ophiuchus is said to provide good fortune and to uphold lofty goals while seeking peace and harmony. Those born under the sign of Ophiuchus are believed to be curious, passionate, and have a quest for knowledge, as well as a fiery temper.
True astrology believers who have found themselves in an astrological identity crisis have been panicked by the Star-Tribune news about the zodiac shake-up, which has quickly swept over the Internet.
However, some argue that if you’re concerned that you’ve lost your fun-loving Libra identity and are now a perfectionist Virgo, be assured that nothing has changed.
The sidereal zodiac, a type of astrology that calculates zodiac signs based on constellations, is more popular in the East than in the West. Western astrology and, most likely, your local newspaper’s horoscope writers follow the tropical zodiac, which is based on seasons and equinoxes.
Despite the Earth’s axis, nothing has changed according to the tropical zodiac.
So, Libra, keep being that amazing listener and don’t worry about turning into a Virgo.
What are the three most important indications in my life?
Your Sun sign, Moon sign, and rising sign, also known as ascending sign, are the three most important places in your birth chart. Your Sun sign is the foundation of your personality and who you are as a person. Your Moon sign indicates your emotional side and who you are when you’re alone. Finally, your rising sign is the initial impression others get of you and how you appear on the outside.
What is the correct pronunciation of Ophiuchus?
Ophiuchus is pronounced /fijuks/ in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). Ophiuchus is pronounced “oh-FEW-kuss” in simple old English.
Do the signs of the zodiac change every year?
Is that to say that your zodiac sign changes each year? No, it’s more like once every 30 years or so. (Thank G, you’ve got some time to think about it.) “Each sign has 30 degrees, and the advanced sun moves less than a degree per year, so this shift is really slow,” Montfar explains.
Is there any truth to the zodiac signs?
Is astrology accurate? Reading horoscopes is a popular pastime, but is there any scientific evidence that they are accurate?
When you’re enticed by a familiar interruption and your willpower weakens, problems can occur.
Every day, up to 70 million Americans consult their horoscopes. At least, that’s what the American Federation of Astrologers claims. According to a Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life poll conducted twenty years ago, 25% of Americans believe that the positions of the stars and planets have an impact on our daily life. In 2012, the General Social Survey indicated that 34% of Americans think astrology is “extremely” or “kind of scientific,” with the percentage of individuals who think astrology is “not at all scientific” dropping from two-thirds to about half.
Astrology is the concept that astronomical phenomena, such as the stars over your head when you were born or the fact that Mercury is retrograde, have the potential to influence our daily lives and personality traits. Of course, this is distinct from astronomy, which is the scientific study of celestial objects, space, and the physics of the cosmos.
A particular facet of astrology, the foretelling of a person’s future or the provision of daily counsel via horoscopes, is gaining in popularity. The Cut, for example, recorded a 150 percent rise in horoscope page views in 2017 compared to 2016.
Clearly, a lot of people are trying to figure out how to read the stars for guidance. Understanding the positions of the stars is the foundation of astrology, which appears to be a scientific discipline in and of itself. Is there any scientific evidence that astrology has an impact on our personalities and lives?
But, since I still have five minutes of this six-minute podcast to fill, let’s take a look at how astrology has been put to the test.